Choquequirao Trek 4D/3N Cod: 371
The whole year
4 Days / 3 Nights
Small groups between 2 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01: Cusco – Cachora - Capulichayoq - Chikisca.
- Day 02: Chiquisca – Marampata- Choquequirao Ruins.
- Day 03: Marampata – Chiquisca.
- Day 04: Chiquisca - Cachora - Cusco.
DAY 01: CUSCO - CACHORA - CAPULICHAYOC - CHIKISCA
At 5 a.m. we pick you up from your hotel in Cusco and travel in our private transport which will take us to the city of San Pedro de Cachora (2800m), trip of approximately 3 hours, where we will have a free time to have breakfast. Here we meet the rest of our travel team (cooks, horsemen and their horses). We begin our walk that will take us between 6 to 7 hours. On the way you can also see a great diversity of landscapes that belong to different climates, such as the snow peaks of Pedrayoc, during the walk our tour guide will give us a lot of information regarding the flora and fauna of this area. Finally we arrive at "El Mirador Capulichayoc", from where we can observe the deepest canyon in the world that is known as the Apurimac and where the majestic river Apurimac flows. It is here where we will have our first lunch and from where it is possible to observe the first views of Choquequirao. After lunch we descend for an average of 3 hours to CHIKISKA (1800m), where our camp will be established, we will spend the night surrounded by a majestic landscape near the Apurimac canyon.
- Estimated time: to walk: 6 to 7 hours.
- Total distance: 15 km
- Altitude of our camp: 1,800 meters above sea level.
DAY 02: CHIQUISCA - MARAMPATA- CHOQUEQUIRAO.
After a good breakfast, we will start our trek uphill for 4 to 5 hours to our lunch point and camp Marampata (2950 masl), from this place we will have a very beautiful view of the canyon and the Apurimac river, after lunch we will have our Full guided visit to Chokequirao "Cuna de Oro" which is also considered as a sister city of Machu Picchu, as there are several similarities. Choquequirao hangs 1500 meters above the Apurimac Canyon. Machu Picchu hangs over the Urubamba canyon. They are in the same latitude and is considered one of the main cities of the Inka age, Choquequirai with more than 8 hectares, where only a third has been discovered and where every day archaeologists find something more interesting. We will observe the three levels of the ruins found, where we can appreciate the urban sector, agricultural terraces and the religious sector of this Inca City. We will also have great options to appreciate the flight of the Condor, after the visit of Choquequirao we will return to our camp to have tea time and a delicious dinner.
- Estimated time to walk: 8 to 9 hours including the visit to Choquequirao
- Total distance: 17 km
- Altitude of our camp: 2,950 meters above sea level.
DAY 03: MARAMPATA - CHIQUISCA
At dawn, we can see the sunrise over the Inca ruins and our camp, after a good breakfast we will begin to descend in the same way we ascended, until we reach our camp in Chiquisca. We will have lunch halfway in Rosalina Beach, after lunch we will start to go up to our camp in Chikisca.
- Estimated time to walk: 5 to 6 hours
- Total distance: 12 km
- Altitude of our camp: 1,800 meters above sea level.
DAY 04: CHIQUISCA - CACHORA - CUSCO.
This day we wake up very early 6 am, we will have breakfast accompanied by the first rays of the sun that rises over the Apurímac canyon. After breakfast we will start our hike to Cachora, which will be for about 5 and 7 hours, everything will depend on your physical condition, we will have lunch halfway in Capulichayoq. Upon arrival in Cachora we will take our private transportation that will take us back to Cusco. The tour ends with the transfer to their respective hotels.
End of services.
- Pick hotel south morning.
- Private transfer Cusco to Cachora, (the starting point of our walk).
- Professional bilingual tour guide.
- Food 4 breakfasts / 4 lunches / 3 dinners.
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- Horsemen and horses (who are responsible to load food and camping equipment).
- Transfer and return to Cusco Cachora.
- Double tents for up to 3 people.
- Tents (mattresses, chairs), dining tent, kitchen.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Last dinner.
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office $ 25 for the entire trip).
- Trekking poles, you can rent in our office (the $ 15.00 USD for the entire trip).
Recommendations to bring
- Carry original passport and card of migration (TAM).
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking).
- Carry a sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Carry trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Coats: layers of varying temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves: woolen socks / woolen hat for cold nights, shirts for the whole trek.
- Carry a headlamp(Very important).
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a rain poncho plastic.
- Carry toilet paper.
- Small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Carry swimwear for the hot springs (optional).
- Carry a bottle of water (recommended 1 liter).
STANDARD SHARED SERVICE