Huchuy Qosqo Trek and Inca Trail 4D/3N Cod: 446
4 days / 3 nights
02 people as minimum and 07 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- DAY 01: CUSCO - TAMBOMACHAY - PUMAMARCA.
- DAY 02: HUCHUY QOSQO - OLLANTAYTAMBO.
- DAY 03: OLLANTAYTAMBO - WIÑAYWAYNA - MACHUPICCHU.
- DAY 04: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHUPICCHU - CUSCO.
DAY 01: CUSCO - TAMBOMACHAY - PUMAMARCA.
This amazing adventure stars picking you up from the Hotel at 6:00 a.m. in our private van and transfer to the archaeological site of Tambomachay; The walk will begin at this point and continue through landscapes of Puna and over the Sicllaccasa Pass (4020 m / 13186 ft). We walk along a path that leads to the Ccauca ravine, where we find archaeological remains and wild crops, such as tarwi, and a large number of cacti. We will continue to the Queullococha pass (4185 m / 13727 ft), surrounding the area in spectacular views of the snow peaks of Veronica, Pitusiray and Chicon. We walk along Lake Queullococha, where we can see huallatas, ducks and small fish and then climb towards the Challu Challu pass (4220 m / 13842 ft). From this point, we observe the Chinchero plains and the Piuray and Qoricocha lagoons. Then we ascend to the fourth step in Rumicruz (4230 m / 13874 ft). Then we make our way to the Inca quarry (4220 m / 13842 ft), which was the place where the stones were extracted to build Huchuy Qosqo. We descend to the community of Pucamarca (4010 m / 13153 ft), where we will arrive in the afternoon. Here we have dinner and camp at night.
DAY 02: HUCHUY QOSQO - OLLANTAYTAMBO.
After breakfast; We leave at 7:00 a.m. from our campsite to continue to Huchuy Qosqo. Walk downhill to the canyon of León Punku, where we find remains of an Inca bridge and trails. This canyon has geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at (3600 m / 11808 ft). Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological complex with imposing architecture that includes a ceremonial center, where we will enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley and the Vilcanota River. After the explanation we start walking about two hours until we reach Taucca, where we will have the lunch place, here we take our private transport to the Inca town of Ollantaytambo, a nice and cozy place to spend the night.
Hotel night in Ollantaytambo.
DAY 03: OLLANTAYTAMBO - WIÑAYWAYNA - MACHUPICCHU.
7:00 AM we will pick you up from your hotel, to transfer you to the train station in Ollantaytambo and board the train that will take you to the km. 104 the journey is approximately 1 hour. It is here at Km 104 (2,200 masl / 7,217 ft.) where we will begin the walk, pass the bridge that is on the Urubamba river or Willkamayuc which translated from Quechua means "Sacred River" which was very important for incas. Upon reaching the checkpoint, you'll have to show identification documents either Passport. 2-minutes walking there is the first archaeological center Chachabamba that is hidden in the semi-tropical forest, after this visit, we will begin the walk through stands in ascending up to the next place, on the way, we will observe the Sacred Valley , waterfalls and different types of orchids semi-tropical forest, after 4 hours walking, we'll reach Wiñaywayna (2,650 masl / 8,694 ft.) which shows a perfect example of what was farming at the time of the Incas, as along its slopes lie a large number of farming terraces, where the Incas cultivated different agricultural crops. The name "Wiñaywayna" comes from a beautiful orchid that abounds in the area and whose meaning in Spanish "Forever Young" and has more than 20 buildings, one of them the "Temple of the Iris Rainbow" also called Temple of Fertility, the visit will be 1 hour on average, then you will enjoy the lunchbox to refuel and continue until we reach Wiñaywayna control.
In this second part of the tour we will walk for 2 hours through an Andean plan, stone stairs and tambos ("resting places") until we reach the Inti Punku - Puerta del Sol (2,720 m / 8,923 ft) that during the Incas functioned as control of entry to the Citadel of Machu Picchu; From here you have an impressive panoramic view of Machu Picchu and the entire surrounding valley, then descend for approximately 30 minutes to the wonder of Machu Picchu world (2,490 m / 8,169 ft) and finally take the bus to Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Town (2,160 m / 7,086 ft) the trip lasts 25 minutes, here we will spend the night in a very comfortable hotel. If you are not very tired, you have the option of visiting the thermal baths that is 10 minutes from the town, the cost is 10 soles. For those who like to dance or have a drink in a bar, we inform you that Aguas Calientes has a wide variety of bars and restaurants, including an ATM, in case you wish to withdraw money from the bank. Here we will also have a delicious à la carte dinner in a very cozy restaurant in this town.
Hotel night in the towns of Aguas Calientes.
DAY 04: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHUPICCHU - CUSCO.
This day we visit Machu picchu again, after breakfast your guide will meet you by your hotel lobby and you go to the bus stop to board the bus, we will drive for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu we pass the control where you show your ticket and passport, you will have a private, guided tour, to visit the most important places in Machu Picchu such as the Main Plaza, the Sun Temple, the Sacred Sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours, After the visit, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this costs an additional $ 35 USD per person). You can also hike to the Sun Gate or the Inka Bridge, for these 02 places there are no additional payments.
At the appropriate time, we will take the bus and descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes usual train departure to Ollantaytambo is in the afternoon, followed by car two hours drive to your hotel in Cusco.
Hotel night in Cusco.
end of our service.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Private transportation from Cusco to Tambomachay (starting point of the trek).
- Private transportation from Taucca to Ollantaytambo train station.
- Professional bilingual guide.
- Lunch 2 breakfast / 2 lunches / 2 dinners.
- Equipment for cooking and cook.
- Arriero and horses (to load stores, food and cooking equipment).
- Transfers from the hotel to the train station.
- Ollanta train ticket to Km. 104.
- Professional bilingual guide (English-Spanish).
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.
- Food (1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner).
- Bus Ticket Machupicchu - Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- 1 Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- First aid kit, oxygen balloon.
- Return train ticket Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- First breakfast and last lunch.
- Sleeping bag (you can rent in our office $ 10 for the entire trip).
- Trekking poles, you can rent in our office (the pair $ 15.00 USD for the entire trip).
- Lunch on the last day: after the guided visit to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 35 USD optional).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- ISIC card or student card, if applicable (must be sent at the time of booking).
- Sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency)
- Mountain boots and sandals (very important)
- Trekking poles (can be rented at the agency)
- Headlamp (very important).
- Camera and spare batteries.
- Sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Personal medical kit
- Insect repellent.
- Rainwear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a plastic rain poncho.
- Toilet paper.
- Small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Water Bottle (Canteen).