Huchuy Qosqo Trek and Inca Trail 4D/3N Cod: 446
4 days / 3 nights
Maximum 4 to 8 paxs (personalized service)
Places to visit:
- DAY 01: CUSCO - TAMBOMACHAY - PUMAMARCA.
- DAY 02: HUCHUY QOSQO - OLLANTAYTAMBO.
- DAY 03: OLLANTAYTAMBO - WIÑAYWAYNA - MACHUPICCHU.
- DAY 04: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHUPICCHU - CUSCO.
DAY 01: CUSCO - TAMBOMACHAY - PUMAMARCA.
Pick up from the Hotel at 6:00 a.m., private transfer to the archaeological site of Tambomachay; The walk will begin at this point and continue through landscapes of Puna and over the Sicllaccasa Pass (4020 m / 13186 ft). We walk along a path that leads to the Ccauca ravine, where we find archaeological remains and wild crops, such as tarwi, and a large number of cacti. We will continue to the Queullococha pass (4185 m / 13727 ft), surrounding the area in spectacular views of the snow peaks of Veronica, Pitusiray and Chicon. We walk along Lake Queullococha, where we can see huallatas, ducks and small fish and then climb towards the Challu Challu pass (4220 m / 13842 ft). From this point, we observe the Chinchero plains and the Piuray and Qoricocha lagoons. Then we ascend to the fourth step in Rumicruz (4230 m / 13874 ft). Then we make our way to the Inca quarry (4220 m / 13842 ft), which was the place where the stones were extracted to build Huchuy Qosqo. We descend to the community of Pucamarca (4010 m / 13153 ft), where we will arrive in the afternoon. Here we have dinner and camp at night.
DAY 02: HUCHUY QOSQO - OLLANTAYTAMBO.
After breakfast; We leave at 7:00 a.m. from our campsite to continue to Huchuy Qosqo. Walk downhill to the canyon of León Punku, where we find remains of an Inca bridge and trails. This canyon has geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at (3600 m / 11808 ft). Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological complex with imposing architecture that includes a ceremonial center, where we will enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley and the Vilcanota River. After the explanation we start walking about two hours until we reach Taucca, where we will have the lunch place, here we take our private transport to the Inca town of Ollantaytambo, a nice and cozy place to spend the night.
Hotel night in Ollantaytambo.
DAY 03: OLLANTAYTAMBO - WIÑAYWAYNA - MACHUPICCHU.
7:00 AM we will pick you up from your hotel, to transfer you to the train station in Ollantaytambo for approximately 1 hour, during the tour you can observe the Sacred Valley of the Incas, farmland, majestic snowfall; In Ollantaymtambo we will board the train that will take you to km. 104 the trip is about 1 hour.
It is here at Km 104 (2,200 m / 7,217 ft) where we will begin the walk, we will pass by the bridge that is located on the Urubamba or Willkamayuc River which translated from Quechua means Sacred River, which was very important for them. When you arrive at the checkpoint, you must show the identification documents, such as a Passport or Immigration Card or National Identity Document. A 15-minute walk away is the archaeological center of Chachabamba and Choquesuysuy that are hidden in the semi-tropical forest, after your visit we will begin the walk through bleachers in ascending form until we reach the next place on the road we will observe the sacred valley , waterfalls and different types of orchids from the semi-tropical forest, after 3 hours of walking we will reach Wiñaywayna (2,650 m / 8,694 ft) shows a perfect example of what agriculture was like in the time of the Incas, since along its skirts lie a large number of circular terraces, where the Incas cultivated different agricultural products. The name of Wiñaywayna comes from a beautiful orchid that abounds in the area and has the meaning in Spanish "Eternally young" and has more than 20 buildings, one of them the Temple of the Rainbow also called Temple of Fertility, the visit will be 1 hour on average, then you will enjoy box lunch to replenish energy and continue until you reach Wiñaywayna control.
In this second part of the tour we will walk for 2 hours through an Andean plane, stone stairs and drums ("resting places") until we reach the Inti Punku - Puerta del Sol (2,720 m / 8,923 ft) than in the time of the Incas worked as entrance control to the Citadel of Machu Picchu; From here you have an impressive panoramic view of Machu Picchu and the entire valley that surrounds it, then we will descend for approximately 30 minutes to the wonder of the world Machu Picchu (2,490 m / 8,169 ft) and finally we will take the bus to Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Pueblo (2,160 m / 7,086 ft) the trip lasts 25 minutes, here we will spend the night in a very comfortable hotel. If you are not very tired, you have the option of visiting the thermal baths that are 10 minutes away from the town, the cost is 10 soles. For those who like to dance or have drinks at a bar, we inform you that Aguas Calientes has a wide variety of bars and restaurants, including an ATM, in case you want to take money from the bank. Here we will also have a delicious à la carte dinner in a very cozy restaurant in this town.
Hotel night in the town of Aguas Calientes.
DAY 04: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHUPICCHU - CUSCO.
This day we will start our tour very early and after breakfast we will go to the station to board the bus, we will make a 30-minute trip to the Citadel of Machu Picchu. We will have a guided tour of 2 hours to know the most important places of Machu Picchu, after the tour you have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own, you can make the walk to the sun gate or to the Inca bridge, (optional upload Huayna Picchu Mountain has an extra cost of $ 25 USD per person.
At opportune hour we will descend from Machu Picchu towards Aguas Calientes, Place where you can have lunch in one of the varied restaurants that exist in this town. In the afternoon we will take the train back to Cusco (it must be presented at the station 30 minutes before the train leaves), when arriving at the train station in Ollantaytambo, a representative of our company will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco (trip of 1 hour and 30 minutes by car).
End of services.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Private transportation from Cusco to Tambomachay (starting point of the trek).
- Private transportation from Taucca to Ollantaytambo train station.
- Professional bilingual guide.
- Lunch 2 breakfast / 2 lunches / 2 dinners.
- Equipment for cooking and cook.
- Arriero and horses (to load stores, food and cooking equipment).
- Transfers from the hotel to the train station.
- Ollanta train ticket to Km. 104.
- Professional bilingual guide (English-Spanish).
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.
- Food (1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner).
- Bus Ticket Machupicchu - Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- 1 Night Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- First aid kit, oxygen balloon.
- Return train ticket Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- First breakfast and last lunch.
- Sleeping bag (you can rent in our office $ 10 for the entire trip).
- Trekking poles, you can rent in our office (the pair $ 15.00 USD for the entire trip).
- Lunch on the last day: after the guided visit to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 35 USD optional).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- ISIC card or student card, if applicable (must be sent at the time of booking).
- Sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency)
- Mountain boots and sandals (very important)
- Trekking poles (can be rented at the agency)
- Headlamp (very important).
- Camera and spare batteries.
- Sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Personal medical kit
- Insect repellent.
- Rainwear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a plastic rain poncho.
- Toilet paper.
- Small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Water Bottle (Canteen).