Huchuy Qosqo Trek - Machu Picchu 3D/2N Cod: 376
The whole year
3 Days / 2 Nights
Small groups between 3 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01: Cusco - Tambomachay - Pumamarca.
- Day 02: Huchuy Qosqo - Ollantaytambo - Train to Aguas Calientes.
- Day 03: Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu - Cusco.
DAY 01: Cusco - Tambomachay - Pumamarca
Pick up from the Hotel at 06:00, transfer to the heading to the archeological site of Tambomachay; the hike will start at this point, and will continue through puna landscapes and over the Sicllaccasa pass (4020m/13186ft). We hike along a path that leads to the Ccauca ravine, where we encounter archaeological remains and wild crops, such as tarwi, and a large quantity of cactus. We continue on to the Queullococha pass (4185m/13727ft), surrounding the area in spectacular views stand the Veronica, Pitusiray and Chicon snow peaks. We hike past the Queullococha Lake, where we may see huallatas, ducks and small fish to then climb towards the Challu Challu pass (4220m/13842ft). From this point, we observe the Chinchero plains and the Piuray and Qoricocha lagoons. We then ascend towards the fourth pass at Rumicruz (4230m/13874ft). We then make our way to the Inca rock quarry (4220m/13842ft), which was the place from where the rocks were extracted to build Huchuy Qosqo. We descend towards the Pucamarca community (4010m/13153ft), where we arrive in the afternoon. Here we dine and camp through the night.
DAY 02: Huchuy Qosqo - Ollantaytambo - Train to Aguas Calientes
After breakfast; we leave at 07:00 am our camping place to continue to Huchuy Qosqo. Walk downhill towards the Leon Punku ravine, where we find remains of an Inca bridge and trail. This canyon boasts geological formations surrounded by majestic rocks and boulders that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo at (3600m/11808ft). Huchuy Qosqo is an Inca archaeological complex with imposing architecture that includes a large open ceremonial center, from which we enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley, the Vilcanota River. After explanation we start to walk around two hours to the next point (4200m/13776ft), going down around two hours until arrive to Taucca, where we have the lunch place, from here we take our private transport drives to Ollantaytambo train station where we catch the train to Aguas Calientes, spend the night in a nice Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
DAY 03: Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu – Cusco
After an early breakfast (5:00 am. Approximately) begin the ascent by an hour hike up the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, in this way we can be one of the first groups within the city Inka allowing us to enjoy the majestic sunrise, then we will have a tour of the most important compounds Inca temples and palaces inside the citadel of Machu picchu, with his guide for approximately 02 hours, then you can explore the mysterious city on their own. (Optional climb the mountain I Huayna Picchu cost of $ 20 USD per person).
At an appropriate time we descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes to board the train back to Ollantaytambo and then the bus to Cusco. Our average time to arrive in Cusco will be 8:00 PM, then we will transfer you to your respective hotels.
End of the services.
- Pick up from your hotel in dela morning hours.
- Private transport from Cusco to Tambomachay (the starting point of the walk).
- Private transport from Taucca to Ollantaytambo trains station.
- Professional bilingual tour guide.
- Food 2 breakfast / 2 lunches / 2 dinners
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- Horsemen and horses (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment).
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Double tents for up to 3 people.
- Tents (mattresses, chairs), dining tent, kitchen.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- First breakfast and lust lunch.
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office $ 15 for the entire trip).
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 35 USD optional).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- ISIC card or student card, if applicable (must be sent at the time of booking).
- Carry a sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency)
- Carry mountain boots and sandals (very important)
- Carry trekking poles (can be rented at the agency)
- Carry a headlight (very important).
- Carry a camera and spare batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Insect repellent.
- Rain clothes: a good raincoat and rain pants and a plastic rain poncho.
- Carry toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs, etc (soles or dollars).
- Carry a bottle of water (1 liter recommended).
(Groups of 4 - 8 maximum)
(Minimum 2 persons)