Huchuyqosqo Trek 01 Day Cod: 374
The whole year
06:00 A.M. to 08:00 P.M.
Small groups between 2 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
Cusco - Piuray Lagoon - Huchuyqosqo - Cusco
This excursion involves approximately 8 hours of walking (including rests, lunch and a tour of the archaeological complex), crossing ecological levels such as quechua, suni and puna, with their characteristic flora and fauna.
We leave the city of Cuzco early in the morning, taking the road north towards the Sacred Valley of the Inkas. On the way to the town of Chinchero, we can appreciate the extensive fields of crops, which have been cultivated since ancient times. We travel along one of the Banks of the Piuray lagoon, to the community of Tauca (3762 masl / 12343 ft), where our walk begins.
We follow a disused dirt track, with a gentle gradient, to the Pucajasa Mountain Pass (4393 masl / 14413 ft), where we will have a spectacular view of the Urubamba mountain range. This pass is about 200 meters long. We begin our descent and find sections of Inka trail, and we can also appreciate radical changes in the ecological levels.
We arrive at Huchuyqosqo (3688 masl / 12099 ft), where we enjoy our snack-lunch. After a short descent, we begin our tour of the archaeological complex, after which we will descend to the town of Lamay (2938 masl / 9639 ft). Here we will board our transport back to the city of Cuzco.
End of the services.
- Pick up from the hotel in Cusco.
- Professional guide service in Spanish / English
- Private transportation Cusco - Tauca
- Entrance ticket to Huchuy Qosqo.
- Meals: a box lunch per hiker.
- Oxygen tank and first aid kit.
- Private transportation Lamay - Cusco
- Extra food.
- walking poles (can be rented in our office $ 10 for the entire trip).
- Optional tip for field staff.
Recommendations to bring
- Wear mountain boots.
- Carry trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry a headlight (very important).
- Carry a camera and spare batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Rain clothes: a good raincoat and rain pants and a plastic rain poncho.
- Carry toilet paper.
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs, etc (soles or dollars).
- Carry a bottle of water (1 liter recommended).
(Groups of 4 - 8 maximum)
(Minimum 2 persons)