Cusco - Sacred Valley and Inca trail 7D/6N
From March to January
7 Days / 6 Nights
Small groups between 2 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01 Cusco: City Tour Excursion.
- Day 02 Cusco: Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Day 03: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (Day 01: Cusco - Km. 82 - Wayllabamba)
- Day 04: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (Day 02: Wayllabamba - Warmiwañuska - Pacaymayu)
- Day 05: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (Day 03: Pacaymayo - Chaqicocha - Wiñaywayna)
- Day 06: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (Day 04: Wiñaywayna - Machu Picchu - Cusco).
- Day 07: Cusco - Return to Lima.
DAY 01: Cusco - Excursion (City Tour)
A.M. Reception at the airport and transfer to hotel in Cusco, where an aromatic coca-leaf tea for the height of the city will be served for you, and then you can relax and have lunch before the tour of the city.
1:30 PM City Tour: We will visit the Temple of the Sun or Koricancha, the Plaza de Armas, the main streets, the San Pedro Market, we will also visit the 02 ruins near the city, the Fortress of Sacsayhuaman and finally "Kenko", at 6:00 pm transfer to the hotel.
Night hotel in Cusco.
DAY 02: Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas
After breakfast, we'll pick you up between 07:30 a.m. and 09:00 a.m, we'll start by Corao, then travel over the Vilcanota River for a panoramic view of the Inca citadel of Pisac and visit a typical Indian market of Pisac where we will have the opportunity to learn about the customs of its inhabitants. Lunch at a local restaurant in the Sacred Valley of the In
cas (optional $ 20 USD). In the afternoon, we'll visit the Fortress and Citadel of Ollantaytambo, built to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and protect it from possible invasion from the tribes of the jungle.
We will have the opportunity to walk on the streets of the town and get a clear idea of what this military, religious and cultural center during the Inca Empire was.
On the way back to Cusco, we'll visit the picturesque village of Chinchero where there are the remains of the "Royal Hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui". You will admire its well preserved Inca Wall in the Main Square and visit the beautiful colonial temple with interesting frescoes on the portico, this temple was built on the foundations of an Inca building.
Once the visit completed, we'll return to Cusco, we'll arrive to the city at approximately 06:30 p.m.
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 3: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (Day 01: Cusco - Km 82 - Wayllabamba.)
Pick-up from the hotel early in the morning at 06:00 a.m, transfer by bus to Km. 82 starting point of our walk, we'll pass through the villages of Chinchero, Urubamba and Ollantaytambo. The first section of this circuit will be held along the Urubamba River with an excellent view of the snow-capped mountain of Veronica (5,900 masl), continue to the archaeological site of Llactapata by Cusi Chaca River Valley, we'll arrive near the town of Wayllabamba (3,000 masl) where we'll camp.
- Estimated time to walk: 5 to 6 hours.
- Total distance: 12 km
- Altitude of our camp: 3,000 masl.
DAY 4: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (Day 02: Wayllabamba - Warmiwañuska - Pacaymayu)
After breakfast, we'll start our walk, slowly we're going ascend to Warmiwañusca pass (4,200 masl) through a beautiful forest of Queñua. We will have great views of the Andean landscape, we will reach Llulluchapampa (3,750 masl) at the foot of typical Abra pampas. After arriving at Warmiwañusca pass, we'll descend to Pacaymayo Valley (3,620 masl) where we'll camp. Here we could enjoy the extraordinary construction of the Inca Trail. In the afternoon of this day we will be able to explore the area a bit and we will have a lot of time to rest and relax.
- Estimated time to walk: 6 to 7 hours.
- Total distance: 11 km
- Altitude of our camp: 3,620 masl.
DAY 5: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (Day 03: Pacaymayo - Chaqicocha - Wiñaywayna)
After breakfast, we'll start our trek, this is one of the most beautiful days of the Inca trail. We'll visit the archaeological site of Runkurakay from which a spectacular view of the area, remount the passage of the same name (3,800 masl), we'll continue towards the archaeological sites of Sayacmarca, Phuyupatamarca and Wiñaywayna, which are joined together by a wonderful path with original Inca white granite, among the lush vegetation of the forest. We'll observe the remarkable balance achieved by the Incas and their environment. Our camp is located near the archaeological site of Wiñaywayna (2,700 masl).
- Estimated time to walk: 7 to 8 hours.
- Total distance: 16 km
- Altitude of our camp: 2,700 masl.
DAY 6: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (Day 04: Wiñaywayna - Machu Picchu - Cusco)
This day, we'll get up early at 04:00 a.m. We'll take breakfast and start walking at 05:00 a.m. We'll say good bye to the porters because they'll return to Cusco with all the camping equipment.
We will make our walk through a typical dense rainforest vegetation towards the "Puerta del Sol/Sungate" or Inti Punku, where we will have a tremendous panoramic view of the Inca citadel. At Machu Picchu, we'll get there at about 07:00 a.m, Once here, we will have a guided tour of 2 hours to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu. Then, we'll have free time to visit Machu Picchu on our own.
At opportune time we will go down in bus to the town of Aguas Calientes, where they will be able to take lunch in one of the varied restaurants that exist in this place. In the afternoon 4:12 PM we will board the return train to Ollantaytambo and from there by car to Cusco, the next hour of arrival to Cusco will be 8:00 PM, the tour ends with the transfer to their respective hotels.
- Estimated time to walk: 3 hours.
- Total distance: 5 km
- Altitude of Machu Picchu: 2,430 meters above sea level.
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 7: Cusco - Lima
At the appropriate time, pick-up from the hotel and transfer to the airport to take our flight back to Lima.
End of the services.
- Transfers airport - hotel airport.
- Excursion: City Tour (transport, tour guide and tickets).
- Excursion: sacred valley (transport, tour guide and entrances).
- Excursion: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
- Pick up from the hotel in Cusco.
- Transfer to KM 82, starting point of the tour.
- Professional tour guide Spanish and English.
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Porters to carry all the equipment, tents, food, kitchen equipment, restaurants and tents.
- 3 breakfasts, 3 appetizers, 3 lunches, and 3 dinners. All these meals are prepared by our chef and his assistant.
- Boiled water after breakfast, to refill your water bottles (1 liter per person).
- Oxygen and first aid kit.
- Vegetarian food and special diets at the request of the client.
- Bus descending from Machu Picchu to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- Train to return to Ollantaytambo and then by car to Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel at the end of the tour.
- Hotel 03 nights in Cusco.
- Food lunches and dinners (except those of the Inca Trail).
- Optional buffet lunch Sacred Valley $ 20.00 USD (at the request of the client).
- Optional buffet lunch in the town of Aguas Calientes $ 27.00 USD (at the request of the client).
- Sleeping bag can be rented at our office for the 4 day walk.
- Air flights Lima - Cusco - Lima (optional extra cost of $ 230.00 USD).
- Entrance to the mountain Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu ($ 75 USD optional).
Recommendations to bring
- Carry Original Passport and card of migration (TAM).
- Student card with current date.
- Carry a sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Carry trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Coats: layers of varying temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves: woolen socks / woolen hat for cold nights, shirts for the whole trek.
- Carry a headlamp (very important).
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen, hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- ICarry isect repellent.
- Rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a plastic rain poncho.
- Carry toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Carry bathing suit for the hot springs.
- Carry a water bottle (recommended 1 liter).
- Hotel Atahualpa
- Hotel Aranjuez
- Hotel Don Bosco
- Hotel Koyllur
- Hotel El Puma
- Hotel Munay Wasi
- Hotel San Fransisco Plaza
- Hotel San Agustin Internacional
- Hotel Siete Ventanas
- Hotel Royal Inka Cusco
- Hotel Marqueses boutique
- Hotel Sonesta Cusco
- Hotel Eco Inn Cusco
- Hotel Jose Antonio Cusco
- Hotel Plaza de Armas
- Hotel San Agustín Plaza
- Hotel El Dorado San Agustín