Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2D/1N (With Hotel) Cod: 359
From March to January
2 Days / 1 Nights
02 people as minimum and 07 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- 5:20 A.M. Pick up from your hotel
- 5:30 A.M. Departure by car from Cusco - Train station (Ollantaytambo)
- 7:45 A.M. Travel by train to Km 104
- 9:00 A.M. Walk of Km 104 - Wiñayhuayna
- 12:30 P.M. Rest, Visit and Lunch
- 2:00 P.M. Walk to Machu Picchu
- 4:30 P.M. Descent by bus to Aguas Calientes 25 min.
- 6:30 P.M. Dinner and overnight.
- 5:00 A.M. Breakfast
- 5:30 A.M. we take bus up to Machu Picchu 25 minutes approx.
- 6:00 Sunrise at Machu Picchu.
- 7:00 A.M. Guided tour in Machu Picchu 2 hrs. approx.
- Free time to visit on your own.
- 1:30 P.M. Return to Aguas Calientes.
- 4:22 P.M. Return by train to Ollantaytambo
- 5:50 P.M. Transfer by car, Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- 8:00 P.M. Arrival in Cusco and transfer to the hotel
DAY 1: CUSCO – WIÑAYWAYNA - MACHU PICCHU
Early in the morning, we will pick you up from the hotel lobby for transferring you to the train station in Ollantaytambo for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, during the driving, you might see the Sacred Valley of the Incas, farmlands, majestic snow-capped mountains; Ollantaytambo and board the train that will take you to the km. 104 the journey is approximately 1 hour. It is here at Km 104 (2,200 masl / 7,217 ft.) where we will begin the walk, pass the bridge that is on the Urubamba river or Willkamayuc which translated from Quechua means "Sacred River" which was very important for incas. Upon reaching the checkpoint, you'll have to show identification documents either Passport. 2-minutes walking there is the first archaeological center Chachabamba that is hidden in the semi-tropical forest, after this visit, we will begin the walk through stands in ascending up to the next place, on the way, we will observe the Sacred Valley , waterfalls and different types of orchids semi-tropical forest, after 4 hours walking, we'll reach Wiñaywayna (2,650 masl / 8,694 ft.) which shows a perfect example of what was farming at the time of the Incas, as along its slopes lie a large number of farming terraces, where the Incas cultivated different agricultural crops. The name "Wiñaywayna" comes from a beautiful orchid that abounds in the area and whose meaning in Spanish "Forever Young" and has more than 20 buildings, one of them the "Temple of the Iris Rainbow" also called Temple of Fertility, the visit will be 1 hour on average, then you will enjoy the lunchbox to refuel and continue until we reach Wiñaywayna control.
In this second part of the tour we will walk for 2 hours through an Andean plan, stone stairs and tambos ("resting places") until we reach the Inti Punku - Puerta del Sol (2,720 m / 8,923 ft) that during the Incas functioned as control of entry to the Citadel of Machu Picchu; From here you have an impressive panoramic view of Machu Picchu and the entire surrounding valley, then descend for approximately 30 minutes to the wonder of Machu Picchu world (2,490 m / 8,169 ft) and finally take the bus to Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Town (2,160 m / 7,086 ft) the trip lasts 25 minutes, here we will spend the night in a very comfortable hotel. If you are not very tired, you have the option of visiting the thermal baths that is 10 minutes from the town, the cost is 10 soles. For those who like to dance or have a drink in a bar, we inform you that Aguas Calientes has a wide variety of bars and restaurants, including an ATM, in case you wish to withdraw money from the bank. Here we will also have a delicious à la carte dinner in a very cozy restaurant in this town.
Hotel night in the towns of Aguas Calientes.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
This day we visit Machu picchu again, after breakfast your guide will meet you by you hotel lobby and you go to the bus stop to board the bus, we will drive for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu we pass the control where you show your ticket and passport, you will have a private, guided tour, to visit the most important places in Machu Picchu such as the Main Plaza, the Sun Temple, the Sacred Sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours, After the visit, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this costs an additional $ 35 USD per person). You can also hike to the Sun Gate or the Inka Bridge, for these 02 places there are no additional payments.
At the appropriate time, we will take the bus and descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes usual train departure to Ollantaytambo is in the afternoon, followed by car two hours drive to your hotel in Cusco.
Hotel night in Cusco.
end of our service.
- Pick up from hotel in Cusco.
- Transfers from hotel to the train station.
- Train ticket Ollanta to Km. 104
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English-Spanish)
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Food (1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner).
- Bus ticket Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes (outward / return).
- 1 night hotel in Aguas Calientes (hab. Double).
- First aid kit, oxygen bottle
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Lunch on the last day: after the guided visit to Machu Picchu.
- Visit the thermal baths in the village of "Aguas Calientes".
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking).
- Wear hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Caryy trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- (Very important) Headlamp.
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Insect repellent.
- Wear rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a rain poncho plastic.
- Carry a toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Swimming siut for the hot springs (optional).
- Carry a water Bottle (recommended 1 liter).
(Groups of 4 - 7 maximum)
This service gives visitors the option to do the Inca Trail and alternative Inca trails to Machu Picchu, to join a group of hikers, others like you who come from abroad to perform this wonderful hike to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
(Minimum 2 persons)
Special walking program just for you, not get together with others, is organized just for you and offers you a choice of departure the desired group size.