Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2D/1N (With Hotel) Cod: 359
From March to January
2 Days / 1 Nights
Small groups between 2 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- 5:20 A.M. Pick up from the hotel
- 5:30 A.M. Departure by car from Cusco - Train station (Ollantaytambo)
- 7:45 A.M. Travel by train to Km 104
- 9:00 A.M. Walk of Km 104 - Wiñayhuayna
- 12:30 P.M. Rest, Visit and Lunch
- 2:00 P.M. Walk to Machu Picchu
- 4:30 P.M. Descent by bus to Aguas Calientes 25 min.
- 6:30 P.M. Dinner and overnight.
- 5:00 A.M. Breakfast
- 5:30 A.M. Go up by bus to Machu Picchu 25 minutes approx.
- 6:00 Sunrise at Machu Picchu.
- 7:00 A.M. Guided tour in Machu Picchu 2 hrs. approx.
- Free time to visit on your own.
- 1:30 P.M. Return to Aguas Calientes.
- 4:22 P.M. Return by train to Ollantaytambo
- 5:50 P.M. Transfer by car, Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- 8:00 P.M. Arrival in Cusco and transfer to the hotel
DAY 1: CUSCO – WIÑAYWAYNA - MACHU PICCHU
Early in the morning, we will pick you up at your hotel for transferring you to the train station in Ollantaytambo for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, during the tour, you might see the Sacred Valley of the Incas, farmland, majestic snow; Ollantaytambo and board the train that will take you to the km. 104 the journey is approximately 1 hour. It is here at Km 104 (2,200 masl / 7,217 ft.) where we will begin the walk, pass the bridge that is on the Urubamba river or Willkamayuc which translated from Quechua means "Sacred River" which was very important to them. Upon reaching the checkpoint, you'll have to show identification documents either Passport or Certificate of Alien Registration and National Identity. 15-minute walk is where there is the archaeological center and Choquesuysuy Chachabamba that are hidden in the semi-tropical forest, after this visit, we will begin the walk through stands in ascending up to the next place, in the way, we will observe the Sacred Valley , waterfalls and different types of orchids semi-tropical forest, after 4 hours of walk, we'll reach Wiñaywayna (2,650 masl / 8,694 ft.) which shows a perfect example of what was farming at the time of the Incas, as along its slopes lie a large number of circular terraces, where the Incas cultivated different agricultural products. The name "Wiñaywayna" comes from a beautiful orchid that abounds in the area and whose meaning in Spanish "Young Forever " and has more than 20 buildings, one of them the "Temple of the Iris Rainbow" also called Temple of Fertility, the visit will be 1 hour on average, then you will enjoy the lunchbox to refuel and continue until we reach Wiñaywayna control.
In this second part of the journey, we're going to walk two hours through an Andean road, stone staircases and drums ("resting places") until the Inti Punku - "Puerta del Sol /Sungate" (2,720 masl / 8,923 ft) in time of the Incas, it worked as an access control point to the citadel of Machu Picchu; from here, you may have a breathtaking panoramic view of Machu Picchu and the valley that surrounds it, then we'll descend for about 30 minutes to the wonder of the world: Machu Picchu (2,490 masl / 8,169 ft.) and finally we'll take the bus to "Aguas Calientes" - Machu Picchu People (2,160 masl / 7,086 ft.), the trip takes 25 minutes, here we're going to spend the night in a hostel. If you are not too tired, you can visit the hot springs that is 5 minutes from the village the cost is 10 soles. For those who like to dance and have a few drinks in a bar, we'll inform you that "Aguas Calientes" has a variety of bars and restaurants including an ATM, in case you wish to withdraw money from the bank.
Hostel night in the village of “Aguas Calientes”.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
This day we will start very early and after breakfast we board the first bus, we will travel for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu. We will have a guided tour of 2 hours to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu. Once the visit is finished, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb to the mountain Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu, this costs $ 75 USD extra per person.
At the appropriate time, we'll descend from Machu Picchu to "Aguas Calientes" where you will be able to enjoy lunch at one of the many restaurants.
In the afternoon, we'll take the train back to Cusco (you must be in the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train), arriving at the train station in Ollantaytambo, we will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco (1 hour and 30-minute trip by car).
End of the services.
- Pick up from hotel in Cusco.
- Transfers from hotel to the train station.
- Train ticket Ollanta to Km. 104
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English-Spanish)
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Food (1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner).
- Bus ticket Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes (outward / return).
- 1 night hotel in Aguas Calientes (hab. Double).
- First aid kit, oxygen bottle
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Lunch on the last day: after the guided visit to Machu Picchu.
- Visit the thermal baths in the village of "Aguas Calientes".
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking).
- Wear hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Caryy trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- (Very important) Headlamp.
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Insect repellent.
- Wear rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a rain poncho plastic.
- Carry a toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Swimwear for the hot springs (optional).
- Carry a water Bottle (recommended 1 liter).
(Groups of 4 - 8 maximum)
This service gives visitors the option to do the Inca Trail and alternative Inca trails to Machu Picchu, to join a group of hikers, others like you who come from abroad to perform this wonderful hike to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
(Minimum 2 persons)
Special walking program just for you, not get together with others, is organized just for you and offers you a choice of departure the desired group size.