Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 4D/3N
From March to January
4 Days / 3 Nights
Small groups between 2 to 10 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
Day 01: Cusco - Huayllabamba
- 6:00 A.M. Pick up from hotel
- 6:30 A.M. Departure by bus from Cusco - Km 82
- 9:30 A.M. Km 82 - Huayllabamba Hike 6 hrs.
- 1:00 P.M. Lunch in Miskay.
- 6:00 P.M. Dinner and camp.
Day 02: Huayllabamba - Pacaymayo
- 6:00 A.M. Breakfast
- 7:00 A.M. Walk to Warmiwañusca - Pacaymayu 6-7 hrs. approx.
- 2:00 P.M. Lunch at Pacaymayu
- 6:00 P.M. Dinner and Camp.
Day 03: Pacaymayo - Wiñaywayna
- 6:00 A.M. Breakfast
- 7:00 A.M. Walk 7-8 hrs. approx.
- 1:30 P.M. Lunch at Chaqui Cocha
- 6:00 P.M. Dinner and Camp.
Day 04: Wiñaywayna - Machu Picchu
- 4:00 A.M. Breakfast or Box Lunch
- 4:30 A.M. Walk to Machu Picchu 3 hrs. approx.
- 8:00 A.M. Guided tour to Machu Picchu 2 hrs.
- Optional: Free time to climb Huayna Picchu, visit the Temple of the Moon, the Inca bridge
- 2:00 P.M. Recommended time to get off by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes 25 minutes
- 4:12 P.M. Return by train, Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- 6:00 P.M. Transfer by bus, Ollantaytambo - Cusco
- 8:00 P.M. Arrival in Cusco and transfer to the hotel.
DAY 01: CUSCO - KM 82 - HUAYLLABAMBA
Pick-up from hotel early in the morning at 06:00 a.m, transfer by bus to Km. 82 starting point of our walk, we'll pass through the villages of Chinchero, Urubamba and Ollantaytambo. The first section of this circuit will be held along the Urubamba River with an excellent view of the snow-capped mountain Veronica (5,900 masl), we'll continue to the archaeological site of Llactapata by Cusi Chaca River Valley, we'll arrive near the village of Wayllabamba (3,000 masl) where we'll camp.
- Estimated time to walk: 5 to 6 hours.
- Total distance: 12 km
- Altitude of our camp: 3,000 masl.
DAY 02: HUAYLLABAMBA - WARMIWAÑUSCA PASS - PACAYMAYO
After breakfast, we'll start our walk, slowly we'll ascend to Warmiwañusca Pass (4,200 masl) through a beautiful forest of Queñua. We will have great views of the Andean landscape, we will reach Llulluchapampa (3,750 masl) typical Pampas at the foot of the Abra. After arriving at Warmiwañusca pass, we'll descend to Pacaymayo Valley (3,620 masl) where we're gonna camp. Here, we could enjoy the extraordinary construction of the Inca Trail. In the afternoon of this day we will be able to explore the area a bit and we will have a lot of time to rest and relax.
- Estimated time to walk: 6 to 7 hours.
- Total distance: 11 km
- Altitude of our camp: 3,620 masl.
DAY 03: PACAYMAYO -RUNKURAKAY - SAYACMARCA - WIÑAYWAYNA
After breakfast, we'll start our trek, this is one of the most beautiful days of the Inca trail. We'll visit the archaeological site of Runkurakay from which a spectacular view of the area, remount the passage of the same name (3,800 masl), then continue towards the archaeological sites of Sayacmarca, Phuyupatamarca and Wiñaywayna which are linked by a wonderful path of original Inca white granite, among the lush vegetation of the forest. We'll observe the remarkable balance achieved by the Incas and their environment. We will have our lunch halfway in a beautiful camp known as ChaquiCocha. Our camp is located near the archaeological site of Wiñaywayna (2,700 masl).
- Estimated time to walk: 7 to 8 hours.
- Total distance: 16 km
- Altitude of our camp: 2,700 masl.
DAY 04: WIÑAYWAYNA – INTI PUNKU – MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
This day, we'll get up early at 04:00 p.m. We'll take the breakfast and start walking at 05:00 p.m. We'll say good bye to the porters because they return to Cusco with all the camping equipment.
We will make our walk through a typical dense rainforest vegetation towards the "Puerta del Sol/Sungate" or Inti Punku where we will have a tremendous panoramic view of the Inca Citadel. In Machu Picchu, we're getting at approximately 07:00 a.m, Once here, we will have a guided tour of 2 hours to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu. Then, we'll have free time to visit Machu Picchu on our town.
At opportune time we will go down in bus to the town of Aguas Calientes, where they will be able to take lunch in one of the varied restaurants that exist in this place. In the afternoon 4:12 PM we will board the return train to Ollantaytambo and from there by car to Cusco, the next hour of arrival to Cusco will be 8:00 PM, the tour ends with the transfer to their respective hotels.
- Estimated time to walk: 3 hours.
- Total distance: 5 km
- Altitude of Machu Picchu: 2,430 masl.
In the afternoon, we will go to "Aguas Calientes" where we're gonna take the train to return to Cusco.
End of the services.
- Pick up from hotel 30 minutes before departure of Cusco.
- Transfer to KM 82, starting point of the tour.
- Spanish and English speaking professional tour guide.
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu archaeological sanctuary.
- Porters to carry all the equipment, tents, food, cooking equipment, tents and restaurants
- Permits and tickets for our porters and cooks.
- 3 breakfasts, 3 appetizers, 3 lunches and 3 dinners. All these meals are prepared by our cook and his assistant
- Coca tea is served every morning in your tent.
- Boiled water after breakfast, to refill their water bottles (1 liter per person)
- Lunch with hot drinks like coca, tea and coffee.
- Appetizers or snacks each morning.
- Oxygen and first aid kit.
- Vegetarian and special diets request.
- All equipment, including tents for personnel.
- 2 hours Guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Bus down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Train to return to Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco.
- Sleeping bag can be rented at our office ($25.00 USD for the whole trip).
- Lunch on the fourth day and breakfast on the first day.
- Extra porter to carry your luggage or personal backpack (Optional $ 60 USD, right to 8 kilos of luggage).
Recommendations to bring
- Carry original Passport and card of migration (TAM).
- Student card with current date.
- Carry a sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Carry trekking poles (can be rented at the agency)
- Coats: layers of varying temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves: woolen socks / woolen hat for cold nights, shirts for the whole trek
- Headlamp (very important)
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Insect repellent.
- Carry rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a plastic rain poncho.
- Carry a toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Carry bathing suit for the hot springs.
- Carry a water bottle (recommended 1 liter).
(Groups of 2 to 10 as maximum)
This service gives visitors the option to do the Inca Trail and alternative Inca trails to Machu Picchu, to join a group of hikers, others like you who come from abroad to perform this wonderful hike to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu. A great opportunity to have fun and make new friends.
(Minimum 2 persons)
Special walking program just for you, not get together with others, is organized just for you and offers you a choice of departure the desired group size. All private services include additional services such as extra porters to carry your personal stuff, Walking sticks, sleeping bag, riding horses (if an alternative route is done) and additional services.