Lares Trek - Machu Picchu 3D/2N Cod: 367
The whole year
3 Days / 2 Nights
02 people as minimum and 07 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01: Cusco - Calca - Lares - Wacahuasi.
- Day 02: Wakahuasi - Sacsallaully Pass - Yanahuara - Town of Aguas Calientes
- Day 03: Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu - Cusco.
DÍA 01: Cusco - Calca - Lares - Wacahuasi
Early in the morning we will pick you up from your hotel lobby at 05:30 am and travel for 1 hour towards the Sacred Valley we will stop at the lookout to take panoramic photos of the Valley and the tour guide will give you a brief explanation of the place, then continue to the village of Calca, where we will make a short stop and a visit to the local market where typical local products are sold, then we will transport you for about 2 hours to the village of Lares (3,100 m / 10,170 ft) in this place we will welcome our road team (chef, carrier) before the walk we will have the opportunity to go to the medicinal thermal baths of Lares (3,250 m / 10,662 ft) and enjoy a relaxing bath, the temperature varies between 28 ° C to 34 ° C.
Then we will begin our adventure, walking Andean flat terrain for about 2 hours for better acclimatization to the bridge of Vilcabamba where our team awaits us with lunch, after lunch we will enjoy a short break and continue for 3 hours to the village of Wacahuasi (3,750 m / 12,303 ft) during the trek find children from nearby villages using their traditional costumes to welcome us is a great opportunity to support and share good times with them. Wacahuasi is the place of our first day of camp, this camp the night will be colder recommend wearing warm clothes for the night, then we will have tea time ideal for sharing experiences in the day time. Later we will enjoy dinner and finally the night.
- Estimated time to walk: 4 to 5 hours.
- Total distance: 11 km
- Altitude of our camp: 3,750 meters above sea level.
DÍA 02: Wakahuasi – Sacsallaully Pass – Yanahuara – Aguas Calientes town
Very early in the morning after breakfast we will start the 6:00 AM walk, where we will have the best views of the incredible mountains of the Andes. We will walk uphill for 3 hours, arriving at Paso de Paso Sacsallaully (4,646 m / 15,242 ft.). This point offers a rewarding view of the valleys, snow-capped mountains and Lake Aruray Cocha. We will also appreciate species of native birds including geese (Cara Cara), ducks, etc. and other typical animals of the area such as llamas, alpacas, vicuñas and guanacos. From Aurora Cassa Pass we descend to the two lakes known as Aruraycocha and Yuraccoha, with the forest of Queuñas (typical tree of the Incas). At the side of one of the lakes we will have our Andean lunch with beautiful views.
During the next two hours of our walk and before our arrival in Mantanay (3,850 m / 12,631 ft.) There will be a great change in the landscape. The rest of the walk is downhill through a picturesque valley of Queuñares (native) with ample opportunities to take pictures of the Andean flora. Then we arrive at Yanahuara (2,780 m / 9,120 ft.) A cozy warm village with a comfortable climate, located near Urubamba Valley (Sacred Valley of the Incas). Our vehicle will be waiting for us here to take us to the Inca town of Ollantaytambo, where we will board our train which will take us to the town of Aguas Calientes, also known as Machu Picchu town (train trip 1 hour and 40 minutes). Here in this town we will have dinner and spend the night in a cozy hotel with private bathroom, cable TV and wifi.
- Estimated time to walk: 8 to 9 hours.
- Total distance: 18 km
- Altitude of our accommodation: 2,000 meters above sea level.
DÍA 03: Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu – Cusco
This day finally we visit Machu picchu, after breakfast your guide will meet you by you hotel lobby and you go to the bus stop to board the bus, we will drive for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu we pass the control where you show your ticket and passport, you will have a private, guided tour, to visit the most important places in Machu Picchu such as the Main Plaza, the Sun Temple, the Sacred Sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours, After the visit, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this costs an additional $ 35 USD per person). You can also hike to the Sun Gate or the Inka Bridge, for these 02 places there are no additional payments.
At the appropriate time, we will take the bus and descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes usual train departure to Ollantaytambo is in the afternoon, followed by car two hours drive to your hotel in Cusco.
Hotel night in Cusco.
End of our service.
- Pick up from your hotel in dela morning hours.
- Private transport from Cusco to Lares (the starting point of the walk).
- Professional bilingual tour guide.
- Food 2 breakfast / 2 lunches / 2 dinners
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- Horsemen and horses (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment).
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Double tents for up to 3 people.
- Tents (mattresses, chairs), dining tent, kitchen.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- First breakfast and last lunch.
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office $ 15 for the entire trip).
- Trekking poles, you can rent in our office (the $ 15.00 USD for the entire trip).
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 35 USD optional).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking).
- Carry a sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Carry trekking poles (you can be rented at the agency).
- Coats: layers of varying temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves: woolen socks / woolen hat for cold nights, shirts for the whole trek.
- Carry a headlamp(Very important)
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a rain poncho plastic.
- Carry toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Carry swimwear for the hot springs.
- Carry a water Bottle (recommended 1 liter).
(Groups of 2 - 7 maximum)
(Minimum 2 persons)