Lares Trek - Machu Picchu 4D/3N Cod: 368
The whole year
4 Days / 3 Nights
02 people as minimum and 07 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01: Cusco - Calca - Lares - Wacahuasi.
- Day 02: Wacahuasi – Paso Sacsallaully - Mantanay.
- Day 03: Mantanay – Yanahuara – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Day 04: Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu - Cusco
DÍA 01: Cusco - Calca - Lares - Wacahuasi.
Early in the morning we will pick you up from your hotel at 05:30 am and travel for 1 hour towards the Sacred Valley we will stop at the lookout to take panoramic photos of the Valley and the guide will give a brief explanation the place, then continue to the village of Calca, where we will make a short stop and a visit to the local market where typical local products are sold, then we will transport about 2 hours to the village of Lares (3,100 m / 10,170 ft) in this place we will welcome our road team (chef, carrier) before the walk we will have the opportunity to go to the medicinal thermal baths of Lares (3,250 m / 10,662 ft) and enjoy a relaxing bath, the temperature varies between 28 ° C to 34 ° C.
Then we will begin our adventure, walking Andean flat terrain for about 2 hours for better acclimatization to the bridge of Vilcabamba where our team awaits us with lunch, after lunch we will enjoy a short break and continue for 3 hours to the village of Wacahuasi (3,750 m / 12,303 ft) during the trek find children from nearby villages using their traditional costumes to welcome us is a great opportunity to support and share good times with them. Wacahuasi is the place of our first day of camp, this camp the night will be colder recommend wearing warm clothes for the night, then we will have tea time ideal for sharing experiences in the day time. Later we enjoy dinner and finally the night.
- Estimated time to walk: 4 to 5 hours.
- Total distance: 11 km
- Altitude of our camp: 3,750 meters above sea level.
DÍA 02: Wacahuasi – Punta Toro
This day is one of the most exciting days, after breakfast early in the morning we start our trek where we see beautiful lakes, mountains and snow chains; worth mentioning is the longest day and arduous trek. The first leg of the trek will be for 4 hours until the highest point during the tour we will stop to observe native animals of this area such as llamas and alpacas villagers use these animals for their daily lives; Alpaca is used in the production of their clothing, the fur of this animal has the nolina a chemical that repels water and is also used as food; Meanwhile, the flame is used as cargo. The guide will give a brief description of these animals and can also differentiate. These animals were sacred in Inca times were sometimes sacrificed in honor of their gods. We may also see birds in the area as the Cara Cara a bird of prey.
Upon arriving at Abra de C'asa Spend (4,500 m / 14,763 ft) the highest part of the route we can see the beautiful lagoon of Cocha Auroray (4,470 m / 14,665 ft) and at this point the guide will explain about the place and the customs of the people who inhabit it. After taking the pictures start to decline by about 1 hour to the lagoon Cocha Auroray and there we were waiting for our team lunch. After enjoying lunch continue walking downhill for 4 hours between cloud forests on the road also observe another beautiful lagoon Cocha Yura until we reach our camp Punto Toro (3,100 m / 10,170 ft), arriving at the camp can rest and share anecdotes of this long and arduous day; to end the day we will have dinner. Overnight in the camp.
- Estimated time to walk: 6 to 7 hours.
- Total distance: 15 km
- Altitude of our camp: 3,850 meters above sea level.
DÍA 03: Punta Toro – Yanahuara – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
This will be the easiest day, we get up a little later and calmly enlist their belongings and have breakfast, then we say goodbye to our team of road and start to descend for 1 hour to the town of Yanahuara (2,850 m / 9,350 ft ) town that has a mild climate is a provider of food to the city of Cusco, in this place we will take a transport for 15 minutes to the town of Ollantaytambo (2,850 m / 9,350 ft) living Inca town where the architecture is seen Inca streets narrow. After lunch we take the train, the trip is about 2 hours to the town of Aguas Calientes (2,160 m / 7,087 ft) Upon arrival at the village our guide will take you to the lodge where you will be informed about some activities you can do in this time and coordinate the dinner.
- Estimated time to walk: 1 hour.
- Total distance: 3 km
- Altitude of our accommodation: 2,000 meters above sea level.
DÍA 04: Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu - Cusco
This day finally we visit Machu picchu, after breakfast your guide will meet you by you hotel lobby and you go to the bus stop to board the bus, we will drive for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu we pass the control where you show your ticket and passport, you will have a private, guided tour, to visit the most important places in Machu Picchu such as the Main Plaza, the Sun Temple, the Sacred Sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours, After the visit, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this costs an additional $ 35 USD per person). You can also hike to the Sun Gate or the Inka Bridge, for these 02 places there are no additional payments.
At the appropriate time, we will take the bus and descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes usual train departure to Ollantaytambo is in the afternoon, followed by car two hours drive to your hotel in Cusco.
Hotel night in Cusco.
End of our service.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Private transport from Cusco to Lares (the starting point of the walk).
- Professional bilingual guide.
- Food 3 breakfast / 3 lunches / 3 dinners
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- Horsemen and horses (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment).
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Double tents for up to 3 people.
- Tents (mattresses, chairs), dining tent, kitchen.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- First breakfast and lunch on the fourth day.
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office $ 25 for the entire trip).
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 35 USD optional).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking).
- Sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency).
- Hiking boots and sandals (very important)
- Trekking poles (you can be rented at the agency).
- Coats: layers of varying temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves: woolen socks / woolen hat for cold nights, shirts for the whole trek.
- (Very important) Headlamp.
- Camera and extra batteries.
- Sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Personal medical kit.
- Insect repellent.
- Rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a rain poncho plastic.
- Toilet paper.
- Small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Swimwear for the hot springs.
- Water Bottle (recommended 1 liter)
(Groups of 4 - 7 maximum)
(Minimum 2 persons)