Lima, Cusco, Puno, Arequipa 9D/8N
The whole year
9 Days / 8 Nights
Small groups between 4 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
DAY 01: LIMA - CUSCO CITY TOUR
AM boarded our air flight LIMA - CUSCO (01 hour trip).
A.M. Reception at the airport and transfer to hotel in Cusco, where an aromatic coca-leaf tea for the height of the city will be served, and then you can relax and have lunch before the tour of the city.
1:30 PM City Tour: We will visit the Temple of the Sun or Koricancha, the Plaza de Armas, the main streets, the San Pedro Market, we will also visit the 02 ruins near the city, the Fortress of Sacsayhuaman and finally "Kenko", at 6:00 pm transfer to the hotel.
Night hotel in Cusco.
DAY 02: CUSCO - SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS - AGUAS CALIENTES (HOTEL).
This day, we will take the tour to the "Sacred Valley of the Incas" starting the tour at 7:30 AM, picking you up from the hotel to go to Pisac where we will visit the typical market where the famous fair of arts & crafts and the archaeologica group of Pisac where there picturesque cultivated terraces on the mountain are, then we'll head to Urubamba where we'll take lunch (optional $20 USD). Then, we'll visit the Fortress of Ollantaytambo, where descendants of the Incas lived in houses of the Incas and finally we will go to Ollantaytambo train station to board the train that leaves at 3:37 p.m for the people of "Aguas Calientes", we'll travel approximately 2 hours, arriving averaging 5:00 p.m where we'll spend the night in a hotel in "Aguas Calientes" (Machu Picchu village).
Hotel night in “Aguas Calientes”.
DAY 03:MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
This day we will start very early and after breakfast we board the first bus, we will travel for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu. We will have a guided tour of 2 hours to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu. Once the visit is finished, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb to the mountain Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu, this costs $ 25 USD extra per person
At the appropriate time, we'll descend from Machu Picchu to "Aguas Calientes" where you could have lunch at one of the many restaurants.
In the afternoon, we'll take the train back to Cusco (you must be in the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train), arriving at the train station in Ollantaytambo, we will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco (1 hour and 30-minute trip by car).
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 04: CUSCO - PUNO (TOURIST BUS)
Taking a good breakfast, we will pick you up from the hotel and take you to the bus station of the company, wich will take you on a tour that lasts about nine hours, after that we will have 4 excursions and guided tours to the sights of the Southern Corridor of the Plateau, visiting the temple of Andahuaylillas or "The Sistine Chapel of the Americas", the Inca Temple of Raqchi, at noon in Sicuani included in the tour: buffet lunch, hence we'll continue the tour reaching Raya Pass at 4,335 masl and Inca-Aymara Museum of Pukara. Each tour lasts 20-40 minutes where the passenger can ask questions, take pictures and walk a bit, making our trips enjoyable. Arriving in Puno, our staff will be waiting for us and take us to the hotel.
Hotel night in Puno.
DAY 05: PUNO - TITICACA LAKE (UROS AND TAQUILE ISLANDS)
After taking breakfast at the hotel, this will be the transfer to the Port of Puno (Lake Titicaca) where you'll embark on the boat and then visit the floating islands of Uros for 1 hour and 30 minutes, you will appreciate the customs of this island and crafts. Then, we'll continue our journey by boat to visit the Island of Taquile, an outstanding natural beauty, ethnic, cultural and archaeological, then we'll also return by boat to the Port of Puno, there we'll be picked up taken to the hotel or if you wish, we could leave in the middle of Puno so that we can visit the city.
Hotel night in Puno.
DAY 06: PUNO - CHIVAY - COLCA CANYON
After taking breakfast at the hotel, we'll depart from Puno towards Chivay at approximately 06:15 a.m; with a duration of approximately 6 hours to Chivay (city where the Colca Canyon is located), known for its religious celebrations, cultural heritage and traditional festivals.
You'll visit 3 locations in the route, Lagoon "Lagunillas", Pampa Cañahuas, Patapampa and Volcano Viewpoint.
Night of accommodation in Chivay.
DAY 07: CHIVAY - COLCA CANYON - AREQUIPA
After breakfast, we'll depart for the "Cruz del Condor", place where the canyon begins from this point, we will enjoy its depth. In this beautiful landscape, you will also have the opportunity to view the condor in its natural habitat. After a brief stop at the "Cruz del Condor", we will continue our journey through the Colca Canyon admiring the small towns of Pinchocclo, Madrigal, Lari, Maca, Achoza, Yanque, etc. Chiay return for lunch and then, we'll drive to Arequipa, ending the tour at about 05:00 p.m.
Hotel night in Arequipa.
DAY 08: AREQUIPA - CITY TOUR
After breakfast at the hotel, your tour guide will look for you at your hotel to begin the tour of the "White City" including the Convent of Santa Catalina, undoubtedly the Arequipa's gem, which was opened to the public in 1970, after having been for 400 years in prison, with countless pieces of colonial art. He also will visit the Main Square, the cloisters of the Society of Jesus and the neighbourhoods of Cayma and Yanahuara for a magnificent view of the Misti Volcano and visit a traditional colonial house called the Founder's Mansion.
Free afternoon in Arequipa to explore the city on your own.
Hotel night in Arequipa.
DAY 09: AREQUIPA - LIMA
AM pick you up from the hotel to let them transfer to the airport for the flight back to Lima (45 minutes away).
End of the services.
- Air flight Lima - Cusco.
- All transfers: airport hotel, bus station etc.
- Cusco City Tour (bus, tour guide, entrances).
- Sacred Valley (bus, tour guide, entrances).
- Machu Picchu Tour 01 day
- Bus from Cusco to Ollanta (train station) and Cusco.
- Round Trip Train Ticket.
- Bus up and down to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Tour Guide in Machu Picchu.
- 03 hotel nights in Cusco.
- Tourist bus from Cusco to Puno (40 pax bus, tour guide, entrances, lunch buffet).
- Lake Titicaca Tour (20 pax boat, tour guide, entrances, lunch).
- 02 hotel nights in Puno.
- Arequipa Colca Canyon Tour 2D/1N (bus, guide, entrances, guesthouse in Chivay).
- City tour in Arequipa (bus, tour guide, entrance).
- Hotel 02 nights in Arequipa.
- Air flight: AREQUIPA - LIMA (45-minute trip).
- All transfers during the 09 days.
- Food: lunches and dinners (not mentionned in the travel itinerary).
- Optional: lunch buffet in the Sacred Valley $20.00 USD (upon customer request).
- Optional: lunch buffet in the village of Machu Picchu $27.00 USD (upon customer request).
- Entrance to Wayna Picchu (optional $20 USD).
Recommendations to bring
- Carry original passport and card of migration (TAM).
- Wear sneakers or lighttennis shoes.
- canteen water Bottle
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Carry a raincoat (long poncho) during the rainy season.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts.
- Wear long pants.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Carry sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Carry binoculars.
- Carry sunglasses, plastic bags.
- Carry medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses).
- A backpack or lightweight suitcase (no weight limit between 5-6 kilos maximum).
- Carry a camera or camcorder.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins in soles or dollars.
- Carry bathing suit for the hot springs (optional).
HOTELS CATEGORY 3 ***