Rainbow Mountain Trek 2D/1N Cod: 378
The whole year
2 Days / 1 Night
Small groups between 2 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
Day 01: Cusco – Quesiuno – Hampatuyoc Rumi – Pampa Camp
Your day starts in Cusco where you are picked up at 5:00 am for a 4-hour trip via private van to the start of the trail, along the way we will stop at Checacuppe village to enjoy the old Inca/Colonial bridge, also on the way we stops at nice Andes location for taking full pictures. Quesiuno 4,326 m / 14,189 ft. we will begin our hike to Hampatuyoc (1 ½.hour hike to lunch area). After about 3 hours and a half hiking up, we reach Pampa base camp 4,885 m / 16,026 ft. You will have a nice afternoon tea and popcorn close to a glacial peak and the Rainbow Mountain chain.
Walking distance: 6 km / 9.6 miles approx, Estimated duration: 4 hours trek.
Highest point: Pampa base camp 4,885 m / 16,026 ft. Campsite elevation: Pampa base camp 4,885 m / 16,026. Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Day 02: Pampa – Rainbow Mountain Pass Vinicunca – Cusco
This day we will enjoy the complete and most beautiful views of the Rainbow Mountain of Cusco. In the morning we will be ascending through dark red mountains to Vinicunca Pass 5,020 m / 16,466 ft. for the first spectacular views of the Psychedelic Rainbow Mountains “The Ausangate region is incredibly colorful with a magical landscape,” Then we will begin to descent to an Andes meadows with incredible views of glacial peaks, lakes, mounts and other). Our van will meet us to transport you to your hotel in Cusco.
Walking Distance: 8 km / 12.8 miles approx. “up and downhill trek” trekking poles are recommended. Estimated duration: 5 hours, Highest point: Rainbow Pass 5,020 m / 16,466 ft. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
End of the services.
- Trek briefing with your tour guide.
- English and Spanish speaking Tour Guide.
- Private tourist transport.
- ticket to the Rainbow Mountain.
- All pick-ups (pick up and drop off at your hotel)
- Horses or mules and indigenous horsemen to carry camping equipment: client tents, dining and cooking utensils, tents, table, stools, cooking gear, stove, gas container, cutlery, plates, food and fresh vegetables.
- Wake up with a cup of coca tea in your tent
- Meals: 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner + 1 afternoon tea (Vegetarian, vegan or special diet meals upon request)
- 1 night camping; spacious tents and sleeping mat
- A duffle for personal items
- Oxygen tank & First aid kit
- Emergency horse to ride.
- First breakfast and lust lunch.
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office $ 15 for the entire trip).
- Walking poles (can be rented in our office $ 15 for the entire trip).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- Carry a sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry mountain boots and sandals (very important).
- Carry trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Warm clothes: layers of variable temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves: wool socks / wool hat for cold nights, shirts for the whole walk.
- Carry a headlight (very important).
- Carry a camera and spare batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Rain clothes: a good raincoat and rain pants and a plastic rain poncho.
- Carry toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs, etc (soles or dollars).
- Carry a bottle of water (1 liter recommended).
(Group of 2 - 8 maximum)
(Minimum 2 people)