Salkantay Trek and Machu Picchu 4D / 3N (Camping) Cod: 429
March to January
4 days / 3 nights
02 people as minimum and 07 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
DAY 01- CUSCO - SORAYPAMPA - LAGUNA HUMANTAY - SALKANTAY PAMPA.
DAY 02 - SALKANTAY PAMPA - INCA CHIRIASKA - CANAL INCA.
DAY 03- INCA CANAL - LLACTAPATA - KM 82 - OLLANTAYTAMBO - AGUAS CALIENTES.
DAY 04: MACHUPICCHU TOUR - CUSCO.
DAY 01: CUSCO - SORAYPAMPA - LAGUNA HUMANTAY - SALKANTAY PAMPA.
We will pick you up from your hotel lobby in Cusco between 5:00 am on our private van. We start our adventure in the direction of Mollepata, which we are going pass on our 3-hour van journey to the trail in Soraypampa 3800 km. When we arrive in Soraypampa, you will enjoy a hot breakfast prepared by our trail chef. After breakfast, you will hand over your travel bag to our riders and you will be ready to start your trekking adventure from the Salkantay trek to the Humantay lagoon. This walk lasts approximately 1.5 hours and will take you to the base of Humantay Mountain, where you can enjoy the beautiful crystal clear waters of the Humantay Lagoon. After a while to be mesmerized by the beauty of such an incredible creation of nature, you will begin the walk back to the starting point to enjoy a hot lunch.
After lunch we will have a walk of about 2 hours to our campsite Salkantaypampa which is located very close to the Salkantay snow capped mountain, from where we can enjoy very beautiful views of the glaciers.
DAY 02: SALKANTAY PAMPA - INCA CHIRIASKA - CANAL INCA.
After getting up early in the morning, you will enjoy breakfast and prepare for the day's walk. You can not help but stop to enjoy the spectacular views of the surrounding glacier peaks and mountains. From SalkantayPampa, ascend slowly for the next 3 hours to reach the Inca Chiriaska, pass located at 5,100 km. Chiriaska Quechua means to cool down, this place is truly cold at most times of the year, but it has some of the best views of the glacial peaks of Salkantay. After taking some time to admire the stunning scenery, you can enjoy a warm drink before continuing your walk. The walk from the pass to Sisaypata to our lunch place will take about 3.5 hours, but everything is downhill. In Sisaypata, you will have the opportunity in the beauty of the Paltayoc peaks.
After lunch, we continue walking for another 3 hours downhill to the camp "Canal Inka"
DAY 03: INCA CANAL - LLACTAPATA - KM 82 - OLLANTAYTAMBO - AGUAS CALIENTES.
After breakfast, you will visit the Inca archaeological site of Paucarcancha before continuing your walk. This day we arrive at an original section of the Classic Inca Trail. While trekking, you will be captivated by the breathtaking views of the surrounding valleys and mountains. In addition, you will also get some of the famous Inca Trail visiting the famous Inca archaeological site of Llactapata. This site is known to have been an Inca village characterized by its houses, water channels and many agricultural terraces that gently skirt the mountainside. From Llactapata, we will hike approximately 1 hour and then stop for lunch.
After lunch, you will hike approximately 2 hours until you reach Km. 82, where you will meet our private van and you will be transferred to the town of Ollantaytambo. From this place we will take the train at 4:36 PM, the trip is approximately 2 hours to the town of Aguas Calientes (2,000 m / 7,000 ft), Upon arrival in the town our guide will take you to your hotel where you will be inform about some activities that can be done in the afternoon, such as visiting the thermal baths or visit the craft market of this town. At night we will have the last dinner and we can coordinate and have some recommendations about our visit to Machu Picchu for the next day.
DAY 04: MACHUPICCHU TOUR - CUSCO.
This day finally we visit Machu picchu, after breakfast your guide will meet you by you hotel lobby and you go to the bus stop to board the bus, we will drive for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu. We will have a 2-hour private, guided tour, to visit the most important places in Machu Picchu. After the visit, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this costs an additional $ 35 USD per person). You can also hike to the Sun Gate or the Inka Bridge, for these 02 places there are no additional payments.
At the appropriate time, we will take the bus and descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes usual train departure to Ollantaytambo is in the afternoon, followed by car two hours drive to your hotel in Cusco.
Hotel night in Cusco.
End of our service.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Private transportation to Mollepata and Soraypampa, starting point of the trek.
- Professional Guide English and Spanish.
- Entrance to Salkantay road.
- Entrance to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Horsemen and horses to carry all the equipment, tents, food, kitchen equipment, restaurants and tents, passenger equipment (7 kilos maximum per pax).
- Food 3 breakfasts, 3 appetizers, 3 lunches and 3 dinners. All these meals are prepared by our chef and his assistant.
- Coca tea is served every morning in your tent.
- Boiled water after breakfast, to refill your water bottles.
- Lunch with hot drinks such as coca tea and coffee.
- Oxygen and first aid kit.
- Vegetarian and special diets at the request of the client.
- All camping equipment, including tents for staff.
- Guided tour of 2 hours in Machu Picchu.
- 01 night hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Train Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes ..
- Return train to Ollantaytambo and then a private transport to Cusco.
- Transfer to your hotel in Cusco at the end of the tour.
- Sleeping Bag, you can rent in our office ($ 25.00 USD for the entire trip).
- Trekking poles, you can rent in our office (the $ 15.00 USD for the entire trip).
- Lunch on the last day and breakfast on the first day.
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 35 USD optional).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- Sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency).
- Mountain boots and sandals (very important).
- Trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Warm clothes: layers of variable temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves: wool socks / wool hat for cold nights, shirts for the whole walk.
- Front lantern (very important).
- Camera and spare batteries.
- Sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Personal medical kit.
- Insect repellent.
- Rain clothes: a good raincoat and rain pants and a plastic rain poncho.
- Toilet paper.
- Small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs, etc (soles or dollars).
- Bath clothes for the thermal waters (optional).
- Water Bottle (Canteen).
(Groups of 4 to 7 maximum)
STANDARD and SHARED SERVICE
(Pussycat 2 people)
- Valid, STUDENT CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage or water canteen: Water reservoir like Camelbaks are encouraged - but enough for at least 1-2 liters.
- Comfortable shoes (lightweight with good soles), "goretex waterproof for rainy seasons".
IN YOUR LUGGAGE:
In the train there is a limit of 7 to 8 kilograms as maximum, we recommend to bring only important things.
- 2-3 long sleeve shirts
- 2 pants
- 3 sets of undergarments.
- 3 sets of socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Rain jacket and pants "only for rain seasons"
- 1 sun hat
- Sandals "In case you want to visit the hot spring in Machu Picchu town"
- Small Quick Dry towel.
- Batteries Charger for your phone and cameras.
- Face moisturizer
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACK FOR THE VISIT OF MACHU PICCHU:
Daypacks can be any size, but we always recommend the medium ones, Because Inside Machu Picchu, no bag larger than 25L will be allowed in. If larger, you will need to store outside citadel gates.
- Water canteen:
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Camera or Phone Camera
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips