Salkantay Trek 3D/2N (With Camping)
The whole year
3 Days / 2 Nights
Small groups between 2 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01: Cusco - Soraypampa - Salkantay - Huayracmachay.
- Day 02: Huayracmachay - Chaullay - The Beach - Town of Aguas Calientes.
- Day 03: Machu Picchu full day - Cusco
DAY 01: CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PASS – HUAYRACMACHAY
We pick you up from your hotel at 4:00 a.m. to drive for about 3 hours to Soraypampa where we will start our Salkantay walk here, we will also have our breakfast before the start of the walk. After breakfast we start our trek to the snowy Salkantay, the first 3 hours will be a little uphill to get to Soyrococha where we will have lunch with panoramic views of the mountains (Humantay, 4120m / 13500 ft and Salkantay, 6271m / 20575 ft), then lunch we will restart our hike to the highest point that is 4600 meters high "the Salkantay pass", after taking beautiful panoramic photos with the snowy Salkantay and receive a talk from our guide, we begin to lose about 3 hours to our Camp Huayracmachay (3800 m / 11750 ft, the highest and coldest camping of the trip).
- Estimated time to walk: 6 to 7 hours.
- Total distance: 16 km
- Altitude of our camp: 3,800 meters above sea level.
DAY 02: HUAYRACMACHAY - CHAULLAY – LA PLAYA – AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN.
After having our breakfast, we start the hike and descent to Chaullay an average of 2 hours, from this point begins the high jungle where we can observe many flora and fauna of the area, we will also have the opportunity to observe coca plantations, coffee and some Fruit trees, after having walked about 5 hours from our camp, we will arrive at "La Playa Sahuayaco" where a delicious lunch prepared by our cook will await us.
After lunch, we will take a private transport that will take us to a hydroelectric trip of approximately 1 hour, from this point we will make another hike of 2 hours and 30 minutes average until we reach the town of Aguas Calientes, we will walk along the side of the railway line bordering all the mountain of Machu Picchu, we can enjoy the first views of some terraces and Inca constructions of Machu Picchu, arriving at the town of Aguas Calientes we will have our dinner and spend the night in a very cozy hotel.
- Estimated time to walk: 8 to 9 hours.
- Total distance: 19 km
- Altitude of our accommodation: 2,000 meters above sea level.
DAY 03: MACHUPICCHU - CUSCO
Very early after breakfast (around 5:00 a.m.), begin the ascent by an hour hike to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, so we could be one of the first groups of the Inca city that allows us to enjoy the majestic sunrise, then we will have a tour of the most important Inca temples and palaces compounds inside the citadel of Machu Picchu, with your tour guide for about 02 hours, then you can explore the mysterious city by yourself (optional ascent of Wayna Picchu mountain, a $ 20 per person).
At the appropriate time, we will descend from Machu Picchu to "Aguas Calientes" to board the train back to Ollantaytambo and from there the car back to Cusco. Our average time to arrive in Cusco will be 8:00 PM, then we will transfer you to your respective hotels.
End of services.
- Pick up from hotel 30 minutes before departure of Cusco.
- Private transport to Soraypampa, starting point of the tour.
- Spanish and English speaking professional tour guide.
- Entrance ticket to Salkantay Trail
- Entrance to Machu Picchu archaeological sanctuary.
- Porters and horses to carry all the equipment, tents, food, cooking equipment, dining tents and equipment passenger (7 kilos maximum)
- Permits and tickets for our porters and cooks.
- 3 breakfasts, 2 snacks, 2 lunches and 2 dinners. All these meals are prepared by our cook and his assistant.
- Coca tea is served every morning in your tent.
- Boiled water after breakfast, to refill their water bottles (1 liter per person).
- Lunch with hot drinks like coca, tea and coffee.
- Appetizers or snacks each morning.
- Oxygen and first aid kit.
- Vegetarian and special diets request.
- All equipment, including tents for personnel.
- 2 hours Guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Train to return to Ollantaytambo and then by car to Cusco.
- Hotel 01 night in Aguas Calientes
- Lunch on the last day.
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office $ 15 for the entire trip).
- Trekking poles, you can rent in our office (the $ 15.00 USD for the entire trip).
- Entrance to the mountain Huayna Picchu ($ 25 USD).
Recommendations to bring
- Carry original passport and card of migration (TAM).
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking).
- Carry a sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Carry trekking poles (you can be rented at the agency).
- Coats: layers of varying temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves: woolen socks / woolen hat for cold nights, shirts for the whole trek.
- Carry a headlamp(Very important)
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a rain poncho plastic.
- carry toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Swimwear for the hot springs.
- Carry a water Bottle (recommended 1 liter).
(Groups of 4 - 8 maximum)
(Minimum 2 persons)