Salkantay Trek 3D/2N (With Camping) Cod: 364
The whole year
3 Days / 2 Nights
02 people as minimum and 07 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01: Cusco - Soraypampa - Salkantay - Huayracmachay.
- Day 02: Huayracmachay - Chaullay - The Beach - Town of Aguas Calientes.
- Day 03: Machu Picchu full day - Cusco
DAY 01: CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PASS – HUAYRACMACHAY
For this amazing trek we pick you up from your hotel at 4:00 a.m. to drive for about 3 hours to Soraypampa where we will start our Salkantay walk here, we will also have our breakfast before the start of the walk. After breakfast we start our trek to the snowy Salkantay, the first 3 hours will be a little uphill to get to Soyrococha where we will have lunch with panoramic views of the mountains (Humantay, 4120m / 13500 ft and Salkantay, 6271m / 20575 ft), then lunch we will restart our hike to the highest point that is 4600 meters high "the Salkantay pass", after taking beautiful panoramic photos with the snowy Salkantay and receive a talk from our guide, we begin to lose about 3 hours to our Camp Huayracmachay (3800 m / 11750 ft, the highest and coldest camping of the trip).
- Estimated time to walk: 6 to 7 hours.
- Total distance: 16 km
- Altitude of our camp: 3,800 meters above sea level.
DAY 02: HUAYRACMACHAY - CHAULLAY – LA PLAYA – AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN.
After having our breakfast, we start the hike and descent to Chaullay an average of 2 hours, from this point begins the high jungle where we can observe many flora and fauna of the area, we will also have the opportunity to observe coca plantations, coffee and some Fruit trees, after having walked about 5 hours from our camp, we will arrive at "La Playa Sahuayaco" where a delicious lunch prepared by our cook will await us.
After lunch, we will take a private transport that will take us to a hydroelectric trip of approximately 1 hour, from this point we will make another hike of 2 hours and 30 minutes average until we reach the town of Aguas Calientes, we will walk along the side of the railway line bordering all the mountain of Machu Picchu, we can enjoy the first views of some terraces and Inca constructions of Machu Picchu, arriving at the town of Aguas Calientes we will have our dinner and spend the night in a very cozy hotel.
- Estimated time to walk: 8 to 9 hours.
- Total distance: 19 km
- Altitude of our accommodation: 2,000 meters above sea level.
DAY 03: MACHUPICCHU - CUSCO
This day finally we visit Machu picchu, after breakfast your guide will meet you by your hotel lobby and you go to the bus stop to board the bus, we will drive for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu. We will have a 2-hour private, guided tour, to visit the most important places in Machu Picchu. After the visit, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this costs an additional $ 35 USD per person). You can also hike to the Sun Gate or the Inka Bridge, for these 02 places there are no additional payments.
At the appropriate time, we will take the bus and descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes usual train departure to Ollantaytambo is in the afternoon, followed by car two hours drive to your hotel in Cusco.
Hotel night in Cusco.
End of our service.
- Pick up from hotel 30 minutes before departure of Cusco.
- Private transport to Soraypampa, starting point of the tour.
- Spanish and English speaking professional tour guide.
- Entrance ticket to Salkantay Trail
- Entrance to Machu Picchu archaeological sanctuary.
- Porters and horses to carry all the equipment, tents, food, cooking equipment, dining tents and equipment passenger (7 kilos maximum)
- Permits and tickets for our porters and cooks.
- 3 breakfasts, 2 snacks, 2 lunches and 2 dinners. All these meals are prepared by our cook and his assistant.
- Coca tea is served every morning in your tent.
- Boiled water after breakfast, to refill their water bottles (1 liter per person).
- Lunch with hot drinks like coca, tea and coffee.
- Appetizers or snacks each morning.
- Oxygen and first aid kit.
- Vegetarian and special diets request.
- All equipment, including tents for personnel.
- 2 hours Guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Train to return to Ollantaytambo and then by car to Cusco.
- Hotel 01 night in Aguas Calientes
- Lunch on the last day.
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office $ 15 for the entire trip).
- Trekking poles, you can rent in our office (the $ 15.00 USD for the entire trip).
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 35 USD optional).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- ISIC card (www.isic.org) if applicable (must be submitted at the time of booking).
- Carry a sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Carry trekking poles (you can be rented at the agency).
- Coats: layers of varying temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves: woolen socks / woolen hat for cold nights, shirts for the whole trek.
- Carry a headlamp(Very important)
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a rain poncho plastic.
- carry toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Swimwear for the hot springs.
- Carry a water Bottle (recommended 1 liter).
(Groups of 4 - 7 maximum)
(Minimum 2 persons)
- Valid, STUDENT CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage or water canteen: Water reservoir like Camelbaks are encouraged - but enough for at least 1-2 liters.
- Comfortable shoes (lightweight with good soles), "goretex waterproof for rainy seasons".
IN YOUR LUGGAGE:
In the train there is a limit of 7 to 8 kilograms as maximum, we recommend to bring only important things.
- 2-3 long sleeve shirts
- 2 pants
- 3 sets of undergarments.
- 3 sets of socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Rain jacket and pants "only for rain seasons"
- 1 sun hat
- Sandals "In case you want to visit the hot spring in Machu Picchu town"
- Small Quick Dry towel.
- Batteries Charger for your phone and cameras.
- Face moisturizer
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACK FOR VISIT OF MACHU PICCHU:
Daypacks can be any size, but we always recommend the smallest ones, Because Inside Machu Picchu, no bag larger than 25L will be allowed in. If larger, you will need to store outside citadel gates.
- Water canteen:
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Camera or Phone Camera
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips