Cusco - Rainbow Mountain 5D/4N Cod: 411
The whole year
5 Days / 4 Nighta
Small groups between 2 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- DAY 01: Reception in Cusco - City Tour Excursion
- DAY 02: Cusco Sacred Valley of the Incas - Aguas Calientes (hotel)
- DAY 03: Machu Picchu - Cusco.
- DAY 04: Rainbow Mountain (vinicunca).
- DAY 05: Return Cusco - Lima.
DAY 01.- Reception in Cusco - City Tour Excursion
Arriving to Cusco to the airport we wait and transfer you to your hotel in Cusco, once at the hotel you will have chances to try an aromatic coca-leaf tea for the height of the city , and then you can relax and have lunch before the tour of the city.
1:30 PM City Tour: we will meet you at your hotel lobby to begin our tour, we will visit the Temple of the Sun or Koricancha, the Plaza de Armas, the main streets, the San Pedro Market, we will also visit the 02 ruins near the city, the Fortress of Sacsayhuaman and finally "Kenko", at 6:00 pm transfer to the hotel.
Night hotel in Cusco.
DAY 02.- Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas - Aguas Calientes (hotel)
The tour start in Cusco at 7:30 AM, your guide will pick you up from your hotel lobby in Cusco, then we will travel by our private car to the sacred valley of the inkas for around 45 minutes, on the way we will stop in strategical view points we will be able to see the Sacred Valley and get into the Inca history, once we arrive to Pisaq we will visit the famous typical craft market then, we will drive towards the ruins of Pisac, where we will see impressive agriculture terraces on the mountain and beautifull inka temples, after exploring we head to the town of Urubamba (one hour drive) we will meet for lunch at a local Andean restaurant. This meal is not included in the tour, they usually offer buffet lunch (it cost $ 20 USD per person).
After lunch, will drive next to the Urubamba River towards the town of Ollantaytambo. Once we reach Ollantaytambo we will visit the Inka City, and the important area of Incan construction, built during the Inca’s heydays, where descendants of the Incas are still living in the inkas houses.
finally we will take you to the train station, you will board the train which leaves at 3:37 pm to Aguas Calientes town two hour ride, on the way you will see breathtaking valley, snow capped mountains and gorgeus inka farming terraces and inka remains. finally arriving to Aguas Calientes wich it`s located at (2000m/6000ft above sea level) arriving in Aguas Calientes our staff will meet you just outside the train station and take you to your Hotel.
Overnight at the hotel in Aguas Calientes town.
DAY 03.- VISIT OF MACHUPICCHU - CUSCO
This day finally we visit Machu picchu, after breakfast your guide will meet you by you hotel lobby and you go to the bus stop to board the bus, we will drive for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu we pass the control where you show your ticket and passport, you will have a private, guided tour, to visit the most important places in Machu Picchu such as the Main Plaza, the Sun Temple, the Sacred Sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours, After the visit, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this costs an additional $ 35 USD per person). You can also hike to the Sun Gate or the Inka Bridge, for these 02 places there are no additional payments.
At the appropriate time, we will take the bus and descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes usual train departure to Ollantaytambo is in the afternoon, followed by car two hours drive to your hotel in Cusco.
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 04.- Mountain of 7 colors (vinicunca).
Your tour guide will come to pick you up at 5:00 am to your respective hotel, we will board our private transport and then go to the town Cusipata-Paucarpata, during the trip we will go through different towns and enjoy the incredible views of the Peruvian Andes, the trip it`s about 2 hours.
Upon arrival we will make a stop to enjoy a delicious breakfast and stock up on some things necessary to start the tour. After this short stop, we will continue our trip an approximate 40 minutes where we will observe the landscapes, the mysterious mountains and the deep valleys.
We will arrive at the town of Llaqto at 3700 m.s.n.m. From here you start the hike uphill for 2 hours until you reach the Rainbow mountain on the way you see glacial peaks, red mountains, rocky hills, and traditional llamas and alpacas grazing along the valley When you reach the top of the mountain at 5038 masl, you will be able to enjoy breathtaking views of the Andes and the Andean fauna.
All the mountains that surround this area are red and there are stunning views of the valleys and the mysterious Rainbow mountain, where we will have enough time to be able to take pictures and videos.
After the great experience we will undertake the return walk for 2 hours, then we will enjoy a delicious lunch.
Later on we will return to Cusco, we will arrive in the city 3:00 PM approximately and then leave you in your respective hotel.
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 05.- Cusco return to Lima
AM breakfast at the hotel.
At opportune hour pick up from your hotel and transfer to the airport to take your flight back to Lima.
End of our services.
- Transfers airport - hotel airport.
- Excursion: City Tour (transport and tour guide)
- Excursion: sacred valley (transport and tour guide).
- Tourist ticket (income city tour, sacred valley, and all the attractions indicated in the itinerary).
- Machupicchu Excursion
- Train round trip (tourist train) Ollanta - Aguas Calientes - Ollanta.
- Bus up and down Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu.
- Official tourist tour guide.
- Tickets to Machupicchu.
- Return transport Ollanta - Cusco.
- Hotel 01 night in Aguas Calientes.
- Hotel 03 nights in Cusco.
- Excursion: Mountain of the rainbow (transport, tour guide, entrances, feeding, emergency horse and trekking poles).
- Food lunches and dinners.
- Optional buffet lunch Sacred Valley $ 20.00 USD (at the request of the client).
- Optional buffet lunch in the town of Aguas Calientes $ 27.00 USD (at the request of the client).
- Air flights Lima - Cusco - Lima (optional extra cost of $ 230.00 USD).
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 35 USD optional).
- Entrance to the thermal baths S/ .10 soles optional
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- Wear shoes or light shoes or tennis shoes.
- canteen water Bottle
- Drink plenty of fluids on your excursions.
- Wearing raincoat (long poncho) in rainy season
- Wear long sleeve shirts.
- Wear long pants.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Carry sunscreen, wide-brimmed and hat for sunny days.
- Carry binoculars.
- Carry sun glasses, plastic bags.
- Carry medicine and / or articles for personal use (liquid for contact lenses).
- Carry a light backpack or a briefcase.
- Carry a camera or camcorder.
- Have checks and coins on hand in small denominations soles or dollars.
- Carry swimming suit for the thermal baths (optional).
Option N° 01
(HOTELS 3 ***)Hotel options to choose
Option N° 02
(HOTELS 4 ****)Hotel options to choose
Packing list for Machu Picchu.
- Valid, STUDENT CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage or water canteen: Water reservoir like Camelbaks are encouraged - but enough for at least 1-2 liters.
- Comfortable shoes (lightweight with good soles), "goretex waterproof for rainy seasons".
IN YOUR LUGGAGE:
In the train there is a limit of 7 to 8 kilograms as maximum, we recommend to bring only important things.
- 2-3 long sleeve shirts
- 2 pants
- 3 sets of undergarments.
- 3 sets of socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Rain jacket and pants "only for rain seasons"
- 1 sun hat
- Sandals "In case you want to visit the hot spring in Machu Picchu town"
- Small Quick Dry towel.
- Batteries Charger for your phone and cameras.
- Face moisturizer
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACK FOR VISIT OF MACHU PICCHU:
Daypacks can be any size, but we always recommend the smallest ones, Because Inside Machu Picchu, no bag larger than 25L will be allowed in. If larger, you will need to store outside citadel gates.
- Water canteen:
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Camera or Phone Camera
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips