Cusco, Inca Trail - Rainbow M. 6D/5N Cod: 412
March to January
6 Days / 5 Nights
Small groups between 2 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01: Reception in Cusco - Excursion City Tour.
- Day 02: Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas - Ollantaytambo.
- Day 03: Ollantaytambo - KM 104 - Wiñaywayna - Aguas Calientes.
- Day 04: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco.
- Day 05: Rainbow Mountain tour full day,
- Day 06: Return Cusco - Lima.
Day 01: Reception In Cusco - Excursion City Tour.
A.M. Reception at the airport and transfer to your hotel in Cusco, where an aromatic coca tea will be served for you, stimulating for the height of the city, and then rest and have lunch before the start of the city tour.
1:30 PM City Tour: We will visit the Temple of the Sun or Koricancha, the Plaza de Armas, the main streets, the San Pedro Market, we will also visit the 02 ruins near the city, the Fortress of Sacsayhuaman and finally "Kenko", at 6:00 pm transfer to the hotel.
Hotel night in Cusco.
Day 02: Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas - Ollantaytambo.
The tour starts at 7:30 AM with the pick up from your hotel in Cusco, then we will make the trip to the "Sacred Valley of the Incas" we will visit the typical market of Pisaq where you can see the famous artisan fair and also visit the archaeological group of Pisac, where you can see picturesque terraces cultivated in the mountains, then we will go to the town of Urubamba to have lunch (optional $ 20 USD per person), then visit the Ollantaytambo fortress, agricultural terraces, water temple and its artisan market, finally we leave you at the hotel in this town so you can rest, the tour of the sacred valley ends approximately 4:30 PM, so in the afternoon you will have free time to visit this small town on your own.
Night of hotel in Ollantaytambo.
Day 03: Ollantaytambo - Km 104 - Wiñaywayna - Aguas Calientes.
AM breakfast at the hotel.
7:20 AM we will board the train in Ollantaytambo that will take you to the km. 104, the trip is about 1 hour. Is here at Km 104 (2,200 m / 7,217 ft) where we will start the walk, we will pass by the bridge that is on the Urubamba or Willkamayuc River which translated from Quechua means Sacred River, which was very important for them. When you arrive at the control point you have to show the identification documents, either Passport or Alien Registration Card or National Identity Document. At 15 minute walk is the archeological center of Chachabamba and Choquesuysuy that are hidden in the semi-tropical forest, after your visit we will start the walk through bleachers in an ascending way until we reach the next place on the way we will observe the sacred valley , water cascades and different types of semi-tropical forest orchids, after 3 hours of walking we will arrive at Wiñaywayna (2,650 m / 8,694 ft) it shows a perfect example of what agriculture was in the time of the Incas, since a Along its skirts lie a large number of circular terraces, where the Incas cultivated different agricultural products. The name Wiñaywayna comes from a beautiful orchid that abounds in the area and that has as meaning in Spanish "Eternally young" and has more than 20 buildings, one of them the Temple of the Rainbow also called Temple of Fertility, the visit will be 1 hour on average, then you will enjoy the box lunch to replenish energy and continue until you reach the Wiñaywayna control.
In this second part of the tour we will walk for 2 hours through an Andean plan, stone stairs and tambos ("resting places") until we reach the Inti Punku - Puerta del Sol (2,720 m / 8,923 ft) that during the Incas functioned as control of entry to the Citadel of Machu Picchu; From here you have an impressive panoramic view of Machu Picchu and the entire surrounding valley, then descend for approximately 30 minutes to the wonder of Machu Picchu world (2,490 m / 8,169 ft) and finally take the bus to Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Town (2,160 m / 7,086 ft) the trip lasts 25 minutes, here we will spend the night in a very comfortable hotel. If you are not very tired, you have the option of visiting the thermal baths that is 10 minutes from the town, the cost is 10 soles. For those who like to dance or have a drink in a bar, we inform you that Aguas Calientes has a wide variety of bars and restaurants, including an ATM, in case you wish to withdraw money from the bank. Here we will also have a delicious à la carte dinner in a very cozy restaurant in this town.
Hotel night in the towns of Aguas Calientes.
Day 04: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco.
This day we will wake up very early and after breakfast we will board the first bus at 5:30 AM, we will make a 30 minute trip arriving at the citadel of Machu Picchu at 6:00 AM and appreciate the majestic sunrise. We will have a guided tour of 2 hours and 30 minutes to know the most important places of Machu Picchu, you can visit the most impressive places like the Royal Mausoleum, the temple of the 3 windows, the main temple, the Sacred Plaza, the famous Intihuatana where the wise Incas moored the sun on the winter solstice in June, stairways, squares, fountains, etc. After the tour you have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own.
At opportune time we will walk from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes town, we will walk for about 1 hour along an original Inca trail and appreciate the flora and fauna of the Machu Picchu sanctuary.
In the afternoon 4:12 PM we will board the return train to Ollantaytambo, a trip of 1 hour and 45 minutes, from here we will take the car back to Cusco, the hour of arrival time to Cusco will be 8:00 PM, then leave you in your respective hotels.
Hotel night in Cusco.
Day 05: Rainbow Mountain tour full day.
Our staff will come to pick you up at 5:30 am to your respective hotel, we will board our private transport and then go to the town of Cusipata-Paucarpata, during the trip we will go through different towns and enjoy the incredible views of the Peruvian Andes, the trip It is about 2 hours.
Upon arrival we will make a stop to enjoy a delicious breakfast and stock up on some things necessary to start the tour. After this short stop, we will continue our trip an approximate 40 minutes where we will observe the landscapes, the mysterious mountains and the deep valleys.
We will arrive at the town of Llaqto at 3700 m.s.n.m. From here you start the hike uphill for 2 hours until you reach the Rainbow Mountains. When you reach the top of the mountain at 5100 masl, you will be able to enjoy breathtaking views of the Andes and the Andean fauna.
All the mountains that surround this area are red and there are stunning views of the valleys and the mysterious mountain of 7 colors, where we will have enough time to be able to take pictures and videos.
After the great experience we will undertake the return walk, in a duration of 2 hours, then we will enjoy a delicious lunch. After lunch you can visit some of the houses of the local family, where you can see the lifestyle of these people who still practice the ancient traditions of the Incas.
Later we will return to Cusco, we will arrive in the city 6:00 PM approximately and then leave them in their respective hotels, so we finish the tour to the mountain of 7 colors.
Hotel night in Cusco.
Day 06: Return Cusco - Lima.
AM breakfast at the hotel.
At opportune hour pick up from the hotel and transfer to the airport to take the flight back to Lima
End of services.
- Transfers airport - hotel airport.
- Excursion: City Tour (transport, tour guide and tickets).
- Excursion: sacred valley (transport, tour guide and entrances).
- Excursion: 2D Inca Trail
- Train ticket from Ollanta to Km. 104.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English-Spanish).
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.
- Food (1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner).
- Bus ticket Machupicchu - Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- First aid kit, oxygen ball.
- Return train ticket Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Ollantaytambo Transportation - Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Excursion: Rainbow Mountain (transport, tour guide, entrances, feeding, emergency horse and trekking poles).
- Hotel 01 night in Aguas Calientes.
- Hotel 01 Night in Ollantaytambo.
- Hotel 03 nights in Cusco.
- Food lunches and dinners (except those of the Inca Trail).
- Optional buffet lunch Sacred Valley $ 20.00 USD (at the request of the client).
- Entrance to the mountain Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu ($ 75 USD optional).
- Entrance to the thermal baths (S / .10 soles optional
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please): Machu Picchu Viajes Peru highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
Recommendations to bring
- Carry original passport
- Carry mountain boots.
- Carry trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry a camera and spare batteries
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses
- Carry personal medical kit
- Insect repellent
- Wear rain clothes: a good raincoat and a plastic rain poncho.
- Carry toilet paper
- Carry a small towel
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs, etc (soles or dollars).
- Carry bath clothes for the thermal waters
- Carry a water Bottle (1 liter recommended).
Option N° 01
(HOTELS 2 ** "SUPERIOR")Hotel options to choose
Option N° 02
(HOTELS 3 ***)Hotel options to choose
Option N° 03
(HOTELS 4 ****)Hotel options to choose