Cusco - Short Inca Trail 5D/4N Cod: 410
March to January
5 Days / 4 Nights
02 people as minimum and 07 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01: Reception in Cusco - Excursion City Tour.
- Day 02: Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas - Ollantaytambo.
- Day 03: Ollantaytambo - KM 104 - Wiñaywayna - Aguas Calientes.
- Day 04: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco.
- Day 05: Return Cusco - Lima.
Day 01: Reception In Cusco - Excursion City Tour.
Arriving to Cusco to the airport we wait and transfer you to your hotel in Cusco, once at the hotel you will have chances to try an aromatic coca-leaf tea for the height of the city , and then you can relax and have lunch before the tour of the city.
1:30 PM City Tour: we will meet you at your hotel lobby to begin our tour, we will visit the Temple of the Sun or Koricancha, the Plaza de Armas, the main streets, the San Pedro Market, we will also visit the 02 ruins near the city, the Fortress of Sacsayhuaman and finally "Kenko", at 6:00 pm transfer to the hotel.
Night hotel in Cusco.
Day 02: Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas - Ollantaytambo.
The tour start in Cusco at 7:30 AM, your guide will pick you up from your hotel lobby in Cusco, then we will travel by our private car to the sacred valley of the inkas for around 45 minutes, on the way we will stop in strategical view points we will be able to see the Sacred Valley and get into the Inca history, once we arrive to Pisaq we will visit the famous typical craft market then, we will drive towards the ruins of Pisac, where we will see impressive agriculture terraces on the mountain and beautifull inka temples, after exploring we head to the town of Urubamba (one hour drive) we will meet for lunch at a local Andean restaurant. This meal is not included in the tour, they usually offer buffet lunch (it cost $ 20 USD per person).
After lunch, will drive next to the Urubamba River towards the town of Ollantaytambo. Once we reach Ollantaytambo we will visit the Inka City, and the important area of Incan construction, built during the Inca’s heydays, where descendants of the Incas are still living in the inkas houses.
At the end we leave you in your hotel in this town so you can rest, the tour of the sacred valley ends approximately 4:30 PM, so in the afternoon you will have free time to explore this small town on your own.
Night of hotel in Ollantaytambo.
Day 03: Ollantaytambo - Km 104 - Wiñaywayna - Aguas Calientes.
AM breakfast at the hotel.
7:20 AM we will board the train in Ollantaytambo that will take you to the km. 104, the trip is about 1 hour. Is here at Km 104 (2,200 m / 7,217 ft) where we will start the walk, we will pass by the bridge that is on the Urubamba or Willkamayuc River which translated from Quechua means Sacred River, which was very important for them. When you arrive at the control point you have to show the identification documents, either Passport or Alien Registration Card or National Identity Document. At 15 minute walk is the archeological center of Chachabamba and Choquesuysuy that are hidden in the semi-tropical forest, after your visit we will start the walk through bleachers in an ascending way until we reach the next place on the way we will observe the sacred valley , water cascades and different types of semi-tropical forest orchids, after 3 hours of walking we will arrive at Wiñaywayna (2,650 m / 8,694 ft) it shows a perfect example of what agriculture was in the time of the Incas, since a Along its skirts lie a large number of circular terraces, where the Incas cultivated different agricultural products. The name Wiñaywayna comes from a beautiful orchid that abounds in the area and that has as meaning in Spanish "Eternally young" and has more than 20 buildings, one of them the Temple of the Rainbow also called Temple of Fertility, the visit will be 1 hour on average, then you will enjoy the box lunch to replenish energy and continue until you reach the Wiñaywayna control.
In this second part of the tour we will walk for 2 hours through an Andean plan, stone stairs and tambos ("resting places") until we reach the Inti Punku - Puerta del Sol (2,720 m / 8,923 ft) that during the Incas functioned as control of entry to the Citadel of Machu Picchu; From here you have an impressive panoramic view of Machu Picchu and the entire surrounding valley, then descend for approximately 30 minutes to the wonder of Machu Picchu world (2,490 m / 8,169 ft) and finally take the bus to Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Town (2,160 m / 7,086 ft) the trip lasts 25 minutes, here we will spend the night in a very comfortable hotel. If you are not very tired, you have the option of visiting the thermal baths that is 10 minutes from the town, the cost is 10 soles. For those who like to dance or have a drink in a bar, we inform you that Aguas Calientes has a wide variety of bars and restaurants, including an ATM, in case you wish to withdraw money from the bank. Here we will also have a delicious à la carte dinner in a very cozy restaurant in this town.
Hotel night in the towns of Aguas Calientes.
Day 04: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco.
This day finally we visit Machu picchu, after breakfast your guide will meet you by you hotel lobby and you go to the bus stop to board the bus, we will drive for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu we pass the control where you show your ticket and passport, you will have a private, guided tour, to visit the most important places in Machu Picchu such as the Main Plaza, the Sun Temple, the Sacred Sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours, After the visit, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this costs an additional $ 35 USD per person). You can also hike to the Sun Gate or the Inka Bridge, for these 02 places there are no additional payments.
At the appropriate time, we will take the bus and descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes usual train departure to Ollantaytambo is in the afternoon, followed by car two hours drive to your hotel in Cusco.
Hotel night in Cusco.
Day 05: Return Cusco - Lima.
AM breakfast at the hotel.
At opportune hour pick up from the hotel and transfer to the airport to take the flight back to Lima
End of our services.
- Transfers airport - hotel airport.
- Excursion: City Tour (transport, tour guide and tickets).
- Excursion: sacred valley (transport, tour guide and entrances).
- Excursion: 2D Inca Trail
- Train ticket from Ollanta to Km. 104.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English-Spanish).
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.
- Food (1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner).
- Bus ticket Machupicchu - Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- First aid kit, oxygen ball.
- Return train ticket Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Ollantaytambo Transportation - Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Hotel 01 night in Aguas Calientes.
- Hotel 01 Night in Ollantaytambo.
- Hotel 02 nights in Cusco.
- Food lunches and dinners (except those of the Inca Trail).
- Optional buffet lunch Sacred Valley $ 20.00 USD (at the request of the client).
- Entrance to the mountain Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu ($ 75 USD optional).
- Entrance to the thermal baths (S / .10 soles optional
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please): Machu Picchu Viajes Peru highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- Carry mountain boots.
- Carry trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry a camera and spare batteries
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses
- Carry personal medical kit
- Insect repellent
- Wear rain clothes: a good raincoat and a plastic rain poncho.
- Carry toilet paper
- Carry a small towel
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs, etc (soles or dollars).
- Carry bath clothes for the thermal waters
- Carry a water Bottle (1 liter recommended).
Option N° 01
(HOTELS 3 ***)Hotel options to choose
Option N° 02
(HOTELS 4 ****)Hotel options to choose
Packing list for Machu Picchu.
- Valid, STUDENT CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage or water canteen: Water reservoir like Camelbaks are encouraged - but enough for at least 1-2 liters.
- Comfortable shoes (lightweight with good soles), "goretex waterproof for rainy seasons".
IN YOUR LUGGAGE:
In the train there is a limit of 7 to 8 kilograms as maximum, we recommend to bring only important things.
- 2-3 long sleeve shirts
- 2 pants
- 3 sets of undergarments.
- 3 sets of socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Rain jacket and pants "only for rain seasons"
- 1 sun hat
- Sandals "In case you want to visit the hot spring in Machu Picchu town"
- Small Quick Dry towel.
- Batteries Charger for your phone and cameras.
- Face moisturizer
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACK FOR THE VISIT OF MACHU PICCHU:
Daypacks can be any size, but we always recommend the medium ones, Because Inside Machu Picchu, no bag larger than 25L will be allowed in. If larger, you will need to store outside citadel gates.
- Water canteen:
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Camera or Phone Camera
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips