Cusco - Inka Jungle 7D/6N Cod: 354
The whole year
7 Days / 6 Nights
Small groups between 2 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01: Cusco - City Tour Excursion
- Day 02: Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Day 03: Cusco - Abra Malaga - Santa Maria (Inka Jungle)
- Day 04: Santa Maria - Thermal Baths - Santa Teresa (Inka Jungle)
- Day 05: Santa Teresa - Aguas Calientes Town (Inka Jungle)
- Day 06: Machu Picchu - Cusco
- Day 07: Cusco - Lima
Day 01.- Cusco - City Tour
A.M. Reception at the airport and transfer to the hotel in Cusco, where an aromatic coca-leaf tea for the height of the city will be served for you, and then you can relax and have lunch before the tour of the city.
1:30 PM City Tour: We will visit the Temple of the Sun or Koricancha, the Plaza de Armas, the main streets, the San Pedro Market, we will also visit the 02 ruins near the city, the Fortress of Sacsayhuaman and finally "Kenko", at 6:00 pm transfer to the hotel.
Night hotel in Cusco.
Day 02.- Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas
After breakfast, we'll pick you up between 08:30 p.m. and 09:00 a.m, we'll start by Corao, then travel over the Vilcanota River for a panoramic view of the Inca citadel of Pisac and visit a typical Indian market of Pisac where we will have the opportunity to learn about the customs of its inhabitants. Lunch at a local restaurant in the Sacred Valley of the Incas (optional $ 20 USD). In the afternoon, we'll visit the Fortress and Citadel of Ollantaytambo, built to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and protect it from possible invasion from the tribes of the jungle.
We will have the opportunity to walk on the streets of the town and get a clear idea of how this military, religious and cultural center during the Inca Empire was.
On the way back to Cusco, we'll visit the picturesque village of Chinchero where there are the remains of the "Royal Hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui". You Will admire its well preserved Inca Wall in the Main Square and visit the beautiful colonial temple with interesting frescoes on the portico, this temple was built on the foundations of an Inca building. Here we can also visit its artisan market and enjoy the demonstration of the natural dyeing of wool and fabrics.
Once the visit completed, we'll return to Cusco, we'll arrive to the city at approximately 06:30 p.m.
Hotel night in Cusco.
Day 03.- CUSCO - “ABRA MALAGA” – SANTA MARIA (BIKING AND RAFTING)
We'll pick you up from the hotel at 06:00 am in our private transport and travel for an average of four hours to reach Carrizales or San Luis where we will start our adventure, in the way, we'll pass through "Abra Malaga" which is at 4,300 m.a.s.l. We will bike downhill for an average of three hours to Santa Maria, where we will have lunch. Along the way, we will see the typical vegetation of a cloud forest enjoying coffee plantations and coca leaves, to reach the town of Santa Maria where we're going to spend the night in a lodging house.
This day in the afternoon, we'll have the option of canoeing (rafting) during 1 hour and a half the river of Vilcanota (Class III, IV).
Hostel night in Santa María
Day 04.- SANTA MARIA – THERMAL BATHS - SANTA TERESA (INCA JUNGLE)
After a delicious breakfast, at 06:30 a.m approximately, we will be ready for the first day of trek towards Santa Teresa. The first two hours of our tour will be on the rise, in the way, we will have several stops to learn more of the rich flora and fauna of the area at where we will be, one will be in a family where we will relax for about 20 minutes, here we could also stock up on water and some delicious tropical fruits in the area, later we'll cross a section of the Inca trail that once connected the Sacred City of the Incas Machu Picchu with the city of Vilcabamba, here our tour guide will explain you a little more about the history of the Incas and the communication system they had in those days, at this point, we'll also have some of the most breathtaking views across the Canyon of Huancarccasa, then we'll descend to the village where we're going to stop for lunch at Quellomayo, after a delicious lunch and a rest in the hammocks of our restaurant will continue with the last 02 hours walk to the thermal baths of Cocalmayo where we will have a good time to enjoy this very special place, after thermal baths we will go to our final destination "The village of Santa Teresa" where we will spend our second night in a basic accommodation.
Hostel night in Santa Teresa.
Day 05.- SANTA TERESA – “AGUAS CALIENTES” (ZIP LINE)
This morning, we'll have the option of making the canopy or zip line (monkey tail).
For after breakfast, we'll head to Santa Teresa ehere we will find another barrage to cross the same river Urubamba, then we'll hike of 2 hours and a half, along the way, we will observe plantations of fruits such us banana, orange, avocado, mango and observe some waterfalls, finally we will observe the mountain of Machu Picchu, then we'll arrive to "Hidroeléctrica" where we will have lunch, after that we will walk for two hours along the railway line to the town of Machu Picchu.
Hostel night in “Aguas Calientes”.
Day 06.- MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
This day we will start very early and after breakfast we board the first bus, we will travel for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu. We will have a guided tour of 2 hours to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu. Once the visit is finished, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb to the mountain Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu, this costs $ 25 USD extra per person.
At the appropriate time, we'll descend from Machu Picchu to "Aguas Calientes" where you will be able to enjoy lunch at one of the many restaurants.
In the afternoon, we'll take the train back to Cusco (you must be in the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train), arriving at the train station in Ollantaytambo, we will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco (1 hour and 30-minute trip by car).
Hotel night in Cusco.
Day 07.- Cusco - Lima
AM desayuno en el hotel
At the appropriate time, pick-up from the hotel and transfer to the airport to take our flight back to Lima.
End of the services.
- Transfers airport - hotel airport.
- Excursion: City Tour (transport, tour guide and tickets).
- Excursion: sacred valley (transport, tour guide and entrances).
- Excursion: Inka Jungle trek.
- Professional tour guide in English and Spanish.
- Pick up from the hotel.
- Private transportation from Cusco to Carrizales where we started the tour.
- Train back to Ollantaytambo and car to Cusco.
- Biking equipment (bicycle, arm and knee protector, helmet, gloves, etc.)
- Entrance to Machupicchu.
- Food: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners (Optional vegetarian meal)
- First aid kit.
- Canotage or Rafting river vilcanota.
- zip line (monkey tail).
- Hostal 02 nights (inka jungle).
- Hotel 01 night in Aguas Calientes.
- Hotel 03 nights in Cusco.
- Food : Lunch and Breakfast.
- Air flights Lima - Cusco - Lima (optional extra cost of $ 230.00 USD).
- Optional lunch buffet $ 20.00 USD Sacred Valley (upon customer request).
- Optional lunch buffet in the village of Machu Picchu $ 27.00 USD (upon customer request).
- Admission to the thermal baths (S/. 10 soles).
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 35 USD optional).
- Entrance to the thermal baths (S / .10 soles optional
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- Wear shoes or light shoes or tennis shoes.
- Canteen water Bottle
- Drink a lot of liquid in your excursions.
- Wearing a raincoat (long poncho) in rainy season
- Wear long sleeve shirts.
- Wear long pants.
- Insect repellent.
- Carry sunscreen, wide-brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Carry sunglasses, plastic bags.
- Carry medicine and / or articles for personal use (liquid for contact lenses).
- Carry a light backpack or briefcase.
- Carry a camera or a camcorder.
- Have checks and coins on hand in small denominations soles or dollars.
- Carry bath linen for the thermal baths (optional).
Option N° 01
(HOTELS 3***)Hotel options to choose
Option N° 02
(HOTELS 4****)Hotel options to choose
Packing list for Machu Picchu.
- Valid, STUDENT CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage or water canteen: Water reservoir like Camelbaks are encouraged - but enough for at least 1-2 liters.
- Comfortable shoes (lightweight with good soles), "goretex waterproof for rainy seasons".
FOR YOUR LUGGAGE:
In the train there is a limit of 7 to 8 kilograms as maximum, we recommend to bring only important things.
- 2-3 wicking t-shirts
- 2 pants
- 3 sets of undergarments.
- 3 sets of socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Rain jacket and pants "only for rain seasons"
- 1 sun hat
- Sandals "In case you want to visit the hot spring in Machu Picchu town"
- Small Quick Dry towel.
- Batteries Charger for your phone and cameras.
- Face moisturizer
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACK FOR THE VISIT OF MACHU PICCHU:
Daypacks can be any size, but we always recommend the smallest ones, Because Inside Machu Picchu, no bag larger than 25L will be allowed in. If larger, you will need to store outside citadel gates.
- Water canteen:
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Camera or Phone Camera
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips