Cusco - Inti Raymi 5D/4N Cod: 358
Once a year
22 June every years
5 Days / 4 Nights
Small groups between 2 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01: (June 22). Cusco - City Tour.
- Day 02: (June 23). Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Day 03: (June 24). Cusco - Inti Raymi.
- Day 04: (June 25). Cusco - Machu Picchu - Cusco.
- Day 05: (June 26). Cusco Return - Lima.
DAY 01 (22 June).- Cusco - City Tour
A.M. Reception at the airport in Cusco and transfer to the hotel where an aromatic coca-leaf tea for the height of the city will be served for you, to then rest and have lunch before the start of the tour of the city.
1:30 PM City Tour: We will visit the Temple of the Sun or Koricancha, the Plaza de Armas, the main streets, the San Pedro Market, we will also visit the 02 ruins near the city, the Fortress of Sacsayhuaman and finally "Kenko", at 6:00 pm transfer to the hotel.
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 02 (23 June).- Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas
The tour starts at 8:00 AM with the pick up from your hotel in Cusco, then we will make the trip to the "Sacred Valley of the Incas", we start by Corao, to then travel on the Vilcanota River, we will have a panoramic view of the Inca citadel. Pisac and also visit the typical market of Pisac, where we will have the opportunity to learn about the customs and traditions of its inhabitants, lunch will be at a local restaurant in the Sacred Valley of the Incas (optional $ 20 USD). to the Fortress and Citadel of Ollantaytambo, built to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and protect it from possible invasions of the inhabitants of the jungle.
We will have the opportunity to walk by the streets of the town and get a clear idea of what this military, religious and cultural center during the Inca Empire.
On the way back to Cusco, we'll visit the picturesque village of Chinchero where there are the remains of the "Royal Hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui". You will admire its well preserved Inca Wall in the Main Square and visit the beautiful colonial temple with interesting frescoes on the portico, this temple was built on the foundations of an Inca building. Here we can also visit its artisan market and enjoy the demonstration of the natural dyeing of wool and fabrics.
Once the visit completed, we'll return to Cusco, we'll arrive to the city at approximately 06:30 p.m.
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 03 (24 June).- Cusco - Inti Raymi:
This day, we will have the opportunity to participate at the impressive Inti Raymi or Festival of the Sun in the Fortress of Sacsayhuaman, held since Inca times. This tour begins at 08:00 a.m, transfer from the hotel, then we're gonna head to the first place. The ceremony of Inti Raymi has three different scenes in three different places, which begins at the Palace of Qorikancha located at El Sol Avenue, then we'll head to Cusco Main Square, where the second scene will be held and finally ends with the special scene held in Sacsayhuaman (3 km from Cusco), where we will have the opportunity to take part at this ritual ceremony.
Ending our tour at 05:00 p.m. approximately. We will leave you at your hotel
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 04 (25 June).- Cusco - Machu Picchu - Cusco
AM we will pass through your hotel 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of Cusco, we will take you to the train station located in the town of Ollantaytambo (1 hour 30 minutes away by car) where we board our train and then make the trip with destiny to the town of "Aguas Calientes" (2000 m.a.s.l.), which runs for 2 hours.
Arriving at the train station, our tour guide will be waiting with a sign with your names, with him, you will go to the bus station, to ascend 400 m in height, a zigzag path for 30 minutes to reach the incredible Wonder World "Machu Picchu Sanctuary", known as "The Lost City of the Incas".
Once you reached the citadel of Machu Picchu, we'll pass the control point where you will be delivered your entrance ticket, from this place the guided tour will start, visit the main venues of the city such as the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock , the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours.
Upon completion, you will be given free time to stroll around the citadel and visit Machu Picchu on your own, you have the option to do the walk to the door of the sun or inka bridge then we'll return to "Aguas Calientes" and eat something at one of the many restaurants.
In the afternoon, you'll take the train back to Cusco (should be in the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train), the return will follow the same route as the outward journey, arrival at the train station in Ollantaytambo, we will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco (1 hour and 30-minute trip by car). We will be arriving in Cusco 8:00 PM approximately.
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 05 (26 June).- Cusco - Lima
At appropiate time, we will pick you up from your hotel and transfer to the airport for your flight back to Lima
End of services
- Transfers from AIR / HTL / AIR Terminal.
- Excursion: City Tour (transport and tour guide).
- Excursion: Sacred Valley (transport and tour guide).
- Tourist ticket (city tour entrances, Sacred Valley, and all the attractions mentioned in the itinerary).
- Machu Picchu Tour.
- Transportation from Cusco to Ollanta (train station) and Cusco.
- Round-trip train ticket from Ollanta to "Aguas Calientes" and Ollanta.
- Bus up and down to "Aguas Calientes" - Machu Picchu.
- Official Tourism tour guide.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Inti Raymi (bus, tour guide, entrances, lunch).
- 04 hotel nights in Cusco.
- Food: lunches and dinners.
- Optional: lunch buffet in the Sacred Valley $ 20.00 USD (upon customer request).
- Optional: lunch buffet in the village of Machu Picchu $ 27.00 USD (upon customer request).
- Air flights Lima - Cusco - Lima (optional extra cost of $230.00 USD).
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 35 USD optional).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- Wear sneakers or light tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Carry a raincoat (long poncho) during the rainy season
- Wear long-sleeved shirts.
- Wear long pants.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Carry sunscreen and brimmed hat for sunny days
- Carry binoculars
- Carry sunglasses and plastic bags.
- Carry medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses).
- Carry a backpack or a lightweight suitcase (no weight limit between 5-6 kilos maximum).
- Carry a camera or a camcorder.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins in soles or dollars.
Option N° 01
(HOTELS 3***)Hotel options to choose
Option N° 02
(HOTELS 4 ****)Hotel options to choose
Packing list for Machu Picchu.
- Valid, STUDENT CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage or water canteen: Water reservoir like Camelbaks are encouraged - but enough for at least 1-2 liters.
- Comfortable shoes (lightweight with good soles), "goretex waterproof for rainy seasons".
FOR YOUR LUGGAGE:
In the train there is a limit of 7 to 8 kilograms as maximum, we recommend to bring only important things.
- 2-3 wicking t-shirts
- 2 pants
- 3 sets of undergarments.
- 3 sets of socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Rain jacket and pants "only for rain seasons"
- 1 sun hat
- Sandals "In case you want to visit the hot spring in Machu Picchu town"
- Small Quick Dry towel.
- Batteries Charger for your phone and cameras.
- Face moisturizer
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACK FOR THE VISIT OF MACHU PICCHU:
Daypacks can be any size, but we always recommend the smallest ones, Because Inside Machu Picchu, no bag larger than 25L will be allowed in. If larger, you will need to store outside citadel gates.
- Water canteen:
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Camera or Phone Camera
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips