Cusco - Inti Raymi 5D/4N Cod: 358
Once a year
22 June every years
5 Days / 4 Nights
02 people as minimum and 07 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01: (June 22). Cusco - City Tour.
- Day 02: (June 23). Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Day 03: (June 24). Cusco - Inti Raymi.
- Day 04: (June 25). Cusco - Machu Picchu - Cusco.
- Day 05: (June 26). Cusco Return - Lima.
DAY 01 (22 June).- Cusco - City Tour
Arriving to Cusco to the airport we wait and transfer you to your hotel in Cusco, once at the hotel you will have chances to try an aromatic coca-leaf tea for the height of the city , and then you can relax and have lunch before the tour of the city.
1:30 PM City Tour: we will meet you at your hotel lobby to begin our tour, we will visit the Temple of the Sun or Koricancha, the Plaza de Armas, the main streets, the San Pedro Market, we will also visit the 02 ruins near the city, the Fortress of Sacsayhuaman and finally "Kenko", at 6:00 pm transfer to the hotel.
Night hotel in Cusco.
DAY 02 (23 June).- Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas
The tour start in Cusco at 7:30 AM, your guide will pick you up from your hotel lobby in Cusco, then we will travel by our private car to the sacred valley of the inkas for around 45 minutes, on the way we will stop in strategical view points we will be able to see the Sacred Valley and get into the Inca history, once we arrive to Pisaq we will visit the famous typical craft market then, we will drive towards the ruins of Pisac, where we will see impressive agriculture terraces on the mountain and beautifull inka temples, after exploring we head to the town of Urubamba (one hour drive) we will meet for lunch at a local Andean restaurant. This meal is not included in the tour, they usually offer buffet lunch (it cost $ 20 USD per person).
After lunch, will drive next to the Urubamba River towards the town of Ollantaytambo. Once we reach Ollantaytambo we will visit the Inka City, and the important area of Incan construction, built during the Inca’s heydays, where descendants of the Incas are still living in the inkas houses.
On the way back to Cusco, we'll visit the picturesque village of Chinchero where there are the remains of the "Royal Hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui". You will admire its well preserved Inca Wall in the Main Square and visit the beautiful colonial temple with interesting frescoes on the portico, this temple was built on the foundations of an Inca building.Here we can also visit its artisan market and enjoy the demonstration of the natural dyeing of wool and tissues.
Once the visit completed, we'll return to Cusco, we'll arrive to the city at approximately 06:30 p.m.
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 03 (24 June).- Cusco - Inti Raymi:
This day, we will have the opportunity to participate at the impressive Inti Raymi or Festival of the Sun in the Fortress of Sacsayhuaman, held since Inca times. This tour begins at 08:00 a.m, we pick you up from your hotel, then we're gonna head to the first place. The ceremony of Inti Raymi has three different scenes in three different places, which begins at the Palace of Qorikancha located at El Sol Avenue, then we'll head to Cusco Main Square, (plaza de armas) where the second scene will be held and finally ends with the special scene held in Sacsayhuaman (3 km from Cusco), where we will have the opportunity to take part at this ritual ceremony.
Ending our tour at 05:00 p.m. approximately. We will leave you at your hotel
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 04 (25 June).- Cusco - Machu Picchu - Cusco
5:30 AM we will pick up you from your hotel located in Cusco, we will take you to the train station located in the town of Ollantaytambo (1 hour 30 minutes away by car) where we board our train and then make the trip with destiny the town of "Aguas Calientes" (2000 m), which has a duration of 2 hours.
Arriving at the train station, our guide will be waiting with a sign with your names, you will go to the bus station with him, to ascend 400m in height by bus, a zigzag path for 30 minutes to reach the incredible wonder of the world of "Machu Picchu Sanctuary", known as "The Lost City of the Incas".
This day finally we visit Machu picchu, we pass the control where you show your ticket and passport, you will have a private, guided tour, to visit the most important places in Machu Picchu such as the Main Plaza, the Sun Temple, the Sacred Sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours, After the visit, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this costs an additional $ 35 USD per person). You can also hike to the Sun Gate or the Inka Bridge, for these 02 places there are no additional payments.
At the appropriate time, we will take the bus and descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes usual train departure to Ollantaytambo is in the afternoon, followed by car two hours drive to your hotel in Cusco.
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 05 (26 June).- Cusco - Lima
At appropiate time, we will pick you up from your hotel and transfer to the airport for your flight back to Lima
End of our services
- Transfers from AIR / HTL / AIR Terminal.
- Excursion: City Tour (transport and tour guide).
- Excursion: Sacred Valley (transport and tour guide).
- Tourist ticket (city tour entrances, Sacred Valley, and all the attractions mentioned in the itinerary).
- Machu Picchu Tour.
- Transportation from Cusco to Ollanta (train station) and Cusco.
- Round-trip train ticket from Ollanta to "Aguas Calientes" and Ollanta.
- Bus up and down to "Aguas Calientes" - Machu Picchu.
- Official Tourism tour guide.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Inti Raymi (bus, tour guide, entrances, lunch).
- 04 hotel nights in Cusco.
- Food: lunches and dinners.
- Optional: lunch buffet in the Sacred Valley $ 20.00 USD (upon customer request).
- Optional: lunch buffet in the village of Machu Picchu $ 27.00 USD (upon customer request).
- Air flights Lima - Cusco - Lima (optional extra cost of $230.00 USD).
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 35 USD optional).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- Wear sneakers or light tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Carry a raincoat (long poncho) during the rainy season
- Wear long-sleeved shirts.
- Wear long pants.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Carry sunscreen and brimmed hat for sunny days
- Carry binoculars
- Carry sunglasses and plastic bags.
- Carry medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses).
- Carry a backpack or a lightweight suitcase (no weight limit between 5-6 kilos maximum).
- Carry a camera or a camcorder.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins in soles or dollars.
Option N° 01
(HOTELS 3***)Hotel options to choose
Option N° 02
(HOTELS 4 ****)Hotel options to choose
Packing list for Machu Picchu.
- Valid, STUDENT CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage or water canteen: Water reservoir like Camelbaks are encouraged - but enough for at least 1-2 liters.
- Comfortable shoes (lightweight with good soles), "goretex waterproof for rainy seasons".
IN YOUR LUGGAGE:
In the train there is a limit of 7 to 8 kilograms as maximum, we recommend to bring only important things.
- 2-3 long sleeve shirts
- 2 pants
- 3 sets of undergarments.
- 3 sets of socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Rain jacket and pants "only for rain seasons"
- 1 sun hat
- Sandals "In case you want to visit the hot spring in Machu Picchu town"
- Small Quick Dry towel.
- Batteries Charger for your phone and cameras.
- Face moisturizer
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACK FOR VISIT OF MACHU PICCHU:
Daypacks can be any size, but we always recommend the smallest ones, Because Inside Machu Picchu, no bag larger than 25L will be allowed in. If larger, you will need to store outside citadel gates.
- Water canteen:
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Camera or Phone Camera
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips