Cusco - Lares Trek 7D/6N Cod: 355
The whole year
7 Days/ 6 Nigths
Small groups between 2 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01: Cusco - City Tour Excursion.
- Day 02: Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas.
- Day 03: Cusco - Calca - Lares - Wacahuasi (Trekking).
- Day 04: Wacahuasi - Punta Toro (Trekking).
- Day 05: Punta Toro - Yanahuara - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes (Trekking).
- Day 06: Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu - Cusco.
- Day 07: Cusco - Lima.
DAY 01.- Cusco - Excursion (City Tour)
A.M. Reception at the airport and transfer to the hotel in Cusco, where an aromatic coca-leaf tea for the height of the city will be served for you3, and then you can relax and have lunch before the tour of the city.
1:30 PM City Tour: We will visit the Temple of the Sun or Koricancha, the Plaza de Armas, the main streets, the San Pedro Market, we will also visit the 02 ruins near the city, the Fortress of Sacsayhuaman and finally "Kenko", at 6:00 pm transfer to the hotel.
Night hotel in Cusco.
DAY 02.- Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Incas
The tour starts at 8:00 AM with the pick up from your hotel in Cusco, then we will make the trip to the "Sacred Valley of the Incas", we'll start by Corao, then travel over the Vilcanota River for a panoramic view of the Inca citadel of Pisac and visit a typical Indian market of Pisac where we will have the opportunity to learn about the customs of its inhabitants and haggle prices with vendors. Lunch at a local restaurant in the Sacred Valley of the Incas (optional $ 20 USD). In the afternoon, we'll visit the Fortress and Citadel of Ollantaytambo, built to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and protect it from possible invasion from the tribes of the jungle.
We will have the opportunity to walk on the streets of the town and get a clear idea of â€‹â€‹what this military, religious and cultural center during the Inca Empire was.
On the way back to Cusco, we'll visit the picturesque village of Chinchero where there are the remains of the "Royal Hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui". You will admire its well preserved Inca Wall in the Main Square and visit the beautiful colonial temple with interesting frescoes on the portico, this temple was built on the foundations of an Inca building.
Once the visit completed, we'll return to Cusco, we'll arrive to the city at approximately 07:00 p.m.
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 03.- Cusco - Calca - Lares - Wacahuasi (Trekking)
Early in the morning, we will pick you up at your hotel at 05:30 a.m and travel for 1 hour towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas, we will stop at the lookout to take panoramic photos of the valley and the tour guide will give a brief explanation of the place, then we'll continue to the village of Calca where we will make a short stop and a visit to the local market where typical local products are sold, then we will take the transport for about 2 hours to the village of Lares (3,100 m.a.s.l. / 10,170 ft.) in this place, we will welcome our road team (chef, carrier) before the walk, we will have the opportunity to go to the medicinal thermal baths of Lares (3,250 masl / 10,662 ft.) and enjoy a relaxing bath, the temperature varies between 28 °C to 34 °C.
Then, we will begin our adventure, walking over Andean flat terrains for about two hours for better acclimatization to the bridge of Vilcabamba where our team awaits us with lunch, after lunch we'll enjoy a short break and continue for 3 hours to the village Wacahuasi (3,750 masl / 12,303 ft.) during the trek, we'll find children from nearby villages using their traditional costumes to welcome us, it's a great opportunity to support and share good times with them. Wacahuasi is the place of our first day of camp, at this camp the night will be colder, we recommend wearing warm clothes for the evenings, then we'll have teatime ideal for sharing experiences in the day time. Later, we'll enjoy dinner and finally the night.
Camping night in Wacahuasi.
DAY 04.- Wacahuasi - Punta Toro (Trekking)
This day is one of the most exciting days, after breakfast early in the morning, we're going to start our trek where we'll see beautiful lakes, ridges and glaciers; worth mentioning is the longest day and arduous trek. The first leg of the trek will be for 4 hours until the highest point, during the tour we will stop to observe native animals of this area such as llamas and alpacas villagers use these animals for their daily lives; Alpaca is used in the production of their clothing, the fur of this animal has the nolina a chemical that repels water and is also used as food; meanwhile, the llama is used as cargo transport. The tour guide will give a brief description of these animals and you will be able to also differentiate. These animals were sacred to the Inca period, sometimes they were sacrificed in honour of their gods. We may also see birds in the area as the Cara Cara a bird of prey.
Upon arrival at "Abra de C’asa Pasa" (4,500 masl / 14,763 ft.) the highest part of the route, we will see the beautiful Lagoon of Cocha Auroray (4,470 masl / 14,665 ft.) and at this point the tour guide will provide more explanations about the place and the customs of the people who inhabit it. After taking the pictures, we'll start to descend by about 1 hour to the Lagoon Cocha Auroray and there will be waiting for us our team lunch. After enjoying lunch, we'll continue walking downhill for 4 hours between cloud forests on the road also observe another beautiful Lagoon Cocha Yura until we reach our camp Punto Toro (3,100 masl / 10,170 ft.), arriving at the camp, we could have some rest and share anecdotes of this long and arduous day; to end the day we will have dinner. Overnight in the camp.
Camping night in Punta Toro.
DAY 05.- Punta Toro - Yanahuara - Ollantaytambo - "Aguas Calientes" (Trekking)
This day will be the easiest, we'll get up a bit later and calmly enlist our belongings and have breakfast, then we'll say goodbye to our team of road and start to descend for 1 hour to the town of Yanahuara (2,850 masl / 9,350 ft.) town that has a mild climate which is a provider of food to the city of Cusco, in this place we will take a transport for 15 minutes to the town of Ollantaytambo (2,850 masl / 9,350 ft.) living Inca town where the architecture is seen as Inca streets narrow. After lunch, we'll take the train, the trip is about 2 hours to the town of "Aguas Calientes" (2,160 masl / 7,087 ft.) Upon arrival at the village, our tour guide will take you to the hotel where you will be informed about some activities you can do in this time and coordinate the dinner.
Accommodation in a comfortable hostel.
DAY 06.- "Aguas Calientes" - Machu Picchu - Cusco
This day we will start very early and after breakfast we board the first bus, we will travel for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu. We will have a guided tour of 2 hours to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu. Once the visit is finished, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb to the mountain Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu, this costs $ 25 USD extra per person
At opportune hour we will descend from Machu Picchu towards Aguas Calientes, where you can have lunch in one of the many restaurants that exist in this town.
In the afternoon we will take the train back to Cusco (you must arrive at the station 30 minutes before the departure of the train), upon arriving at the train station in Ollantaytambo, a representative of our company will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco (trip of 1 hour and 30 minutes by car).
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 7.- Cusco - Lima
AM desayuno en el hotel
At the appropriate time, pick-up from the hotel and transfer to the airport to take our flight back to Lima.
End of the services.
- Transfers airport - hotel airport.
- Excursion: City Tour (transport, tour guide and tickets).
- Excursion: sacred valley (transport, tour guide and entrances).
- Excursion: Lares Trek to Machu Picchu.
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning hours.
- Private transportation from Cusco to Lares (starting point of the walk).
- Professional bilingual tour guide.
- Food 3 breakfasts / 3 lunches / 3 dinners.
- Cook and kitchen equipment.
- Carrier and horse (who are responsible for loading tents, food and kitchen equipment).
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Double tents with capacity for 3 people.
- Tents (matras, chairs), dining tent, kitchen tent.
- Oxygen balloon and first aid kit.
- Hotel 01 night in Aguas Calientes.
- Hotel 03 nights in Cusco.
- Food lunches and dinners (except those of Lares trek).
- Optional buffet lunch Sacred Valley $ 20.00 USD (at the request of the client).
- Optional buffet lunch in the town of Aguas Calientes $ 27.00 USD (at the request of the client).
- Sleeping bag can be rented at our office for the 4 day walk.
- Air flights Lima - Cusco - Lima (optional extra cost of $ 230.00 USD).
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 35 USD optional).
- Entrance to the thermal baths (S / .10 soles optional).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- Carry a sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Carry trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry coats: layers of varying temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves: woolen socks / woolen hat for cold nights, shirts for the whole trek.
- Carry a headlamp (very important).
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen,hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Carry rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a plastic rain poncho.
- Carry toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Carry bathing suit for the hot springs.
- Carry a water bottle (recommended 1 liter).
Option N° 01
(HOTELS 2** "SUPERIOR")Hotel options to choose
Option N° 02
(HOTELS 3***)Hotel options to choose
Option N° 03
(HOTELS 4****)Hotel options to choose