Cusco - Salkantay Trek 8D/7N Cod: 357
The whole year
8 Days / 7 Nights
02 people as minimum and 07 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- Day 01 Cusco: City Tour Excursion
- Day 02 Cusco: Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Day 03: Cusco - Mollepata - Sayllapata - Soraypampa (Salkantay Trek)
- Day 04: Soraypampa - Paso Salkantay - Huayraqmachay - Chaullay (Salkantay Trek)
- Day 05: Chaullay - Colpapampa - Sahuayaco - Lucmabamba (Salkantay Trek)
- Day 06: Lucmabamba - Llactapata - Hydroelectric - Aguas Calientes. (Salkantay Trek)
- Day 07: Machupicchu - Cusco.
- Day 08: Cusco - Lima
Day 01.- CUSCO - EXCURSION (CITY TOUR)
DAY 02.- CUSCO - SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS
The tour start in Cusco at 7:30 AM, your guide will pick you up from your hotel lobby in Cusco, then we will travel by our private car to the sacred valley of the inkas for around 45 minutes, on the way we will stop in strategical view points we will be able to see the Sacred Valley and get into the Inca history, once we arrive to Pisaq we will visit the famous typical craft market then, we will drive towards the ruins of Pisac, where we will see impressive agriculture terraces on the mountain and beautifull inka temples, after exploring we head to the town of Urubamba (one hour drive) we will meet for lunch at a local Andean restaurant. This meal is not included in the tour, they usually offer buffet lunch (it cost $ 20 USD per person).
After lunch, will drive next to the Urubamba River towards the town of Ollantaytambo. Once we reach Ollantaytambo we will visit the Inka City, and the important area of Incan construction, built during the Inca’s heydays, where descendants of the Incas are still living in the inkas houses.
On the way back to Cusco, we'll visit the picturesque village of Chinchero where there are the remains of the "Royal Hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui". You will admire its well preserved Inca Wall in the Main Square and visit the beautiful colonial temple with interesting frescoes on the portico, this temple was built on the foundations of an Inca building.Here we can also visit its artisan market and enjoy the demonstration of the natural dyeing of wool and tissues.
Once the visit completed, we'll return to Cusco, we'll arrive to the city at approximately 06:30 p.m.
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 03.- CUSCO - MOLLEPATA - SAYLLAPATA - SORAYPAMPA (SALKANTAY TREK)
We leave Cusco at 05:00 a.m in a private transport of the company to reach Mollepata (3,850 masl), passing before through Izcuchaca and Limatambo, we'll arrive at Mollepata our destination at around 07:30 a.m where we will stop for 40 minutes to have breakfast and submit to the carrier and the muleteer who will accompany us for the next 03 days of the tour, Then we will have 30 more minutes by car to get to Marco Qasa. Here we are going to start our first day of hiking, we will have 04 hours of walking to the camp; During the trek we can enjoy the majestic snow of Humantay (5480 masl), walking in the mountains of the Andes until we reach the camp of Soraypampa where we will have lunch, after a delicious lunch and a short break, in the afternoon we will walk 45 minutes to appreciate a beautiful lagoon located very close to the glacier "Laguna Humantay". After visiting and exploring the lagoon we will return to Soraypampa camp (3900 masl), in the afternoon we will have our "tea time" where our guests can enjoy the famous coca tea to counteract altitude sickness and where our tour guide will explain a bit more from the area where we are, then we will enjoy the Andean night sky to understand a little more about Andean astronomy. After having a delicious dinner, we will go to rest to be ready the next day which will be the hardest of all the trekking.
Camping night in Soraypamma.
DAY 04.- SORAYPAMPA - SALKANTAY PASS - HUAYRAQMACHAY - CHAULLAY (SALKANTAY TREK)
After a succulent breakfast, we'll prepare ourselves for our trek doing different stretching exercises, this will be a good long hard day, we'll get to the highest point of our tour, we have 04 hours of ascent from Soraypampa to Salkantay Pass (4,600 masl) during the ascent, we will enjoy different lagoons and appreciate the change of ecological floor Quechua area to the high mountain area, if the weather favours us, we could enjoy the majestic Apu Salkantay (6,500 meters) which is one of the most important mountains in geography department of Cusco and one of the most important in the Inca culture, after an explanation of the area by our specialized tour guide and giving time for the passenger to enjoy their snacks mountains (from the agency), we will start the descent to the village of Huayracmachay where we will have lunch, after a deserved nap, we'll continue our descent to the village of Chaullay, place where we're gonna spend the second night in the latter part of the day, we will enjoy the geographical shift between cold and dry area where we were in the days to the moist tropical zone, we will also enjoy the change in the flora and fauna, we will see different types of birds as well as different orchids, we will reach the point of camping at around 05:00 p.m . Like yesterday, we'll have teatime and then dinner and overnight.
Chaullay night camp.
Night Camping in Chaullay
DAY 05.- CHAULLAY - COLLPAPAMPA - SAHUAYACO - LUCMABAMBA (SALKANTAY TREK)
This day will be unique and memorable because we'll see during the walk a great variety of flora and fauna, starting from CHAULLAY, passing through COLLPAPAMPA community and continuing our descent through the local vegetation, watching hot springs in a valley, near the course of the river of Santa Teresa, where several varieties of orchids and beautiful waterfalls is also observed, we'll also feel the grate climate change because this day, we will enter the jungle area called high forest, then we will reach to Sahuayaco where we will have the lunch made by our way chef.
After lunch in the area called "the Beach" (la playa), We will continue the walk for 1 hour more until we reach our camp Lucmabamba where we will spend the night, in the afternoon we will make an exploration of the area to visit and know the plantations of coffee and coca.
Night Camping in Lucmabamba.
DAY 06.- LUCMABAMBA - LLACTAPATA - HIDROELECTRICA - AGUAS CALIENTES. (SALKANTAY TREK)
Very early after breakfast we will start our trek ascending towards the archaeological complex Llactapata, the hike is a little hard it will take an approximate 3 hours to get to Llactapata, but once here we will have a very beautiful panoramic view of Machu Picchu, after take photos of the entire valley we will visit and explore this inka rest of Llactapata, then start the descent 2 hours walk to Hidroelectrica where our cooks will be waiting for us with a delicious lunch, after lunch and a short break we continue the walk of some 2 hours and 30 minutes more to reach the town of Aguas Calientes, in this last part of the walk we will go around the valley or the canyon that surrounds the citadel of Machu Picchu, we will have the opportunity to see some agricultural terraces that are at the top of the mountain and also we will be able to appreciate the flora and fauna of this valley and great variety of plantations of coffee, banana, coke and other tropical fruits, we will pass by Mandor and its Waterfall, also known for its botanical gardens showing beautiful and colorful flowers, arrival at Machupicchu Pueblo where we will spend the night in a comfortable hotel with private rooms, hot shower, cable television and wi- fi.
Around 7:00 pm we will have dinner and final coordination for the most important day of the tour: The visit to the sacred city of the Inkas "MACHUPICCHU" !!!.
Hotel night in the town of Aguas Calientes.
DAY 07.- MACHUPICCHU - CUSCO
This day finally we visit Machu picchu, after breakfast your guide will meet you by you hotel lobby and you go to the bus stop to board the bus, we will drive for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu we pass the control where you show your ticket and passport, you will have a private, guided tour, to visit the most important places in Machu Picchu such as the Main Plaza, the Sun Temple, the Sacred Sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours, After the visit, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this costs an additional $ 35 USD per person). You can also hike to the Sun Gate or the Inka Bridge, for these 02 places there are no additional payments.
At the appropriate time, we will take the bus and descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes usual train departure to Ollantaytambo is in the afternoon, followed by car two hours drive to your hotel in Cusco.
Hotel night in Cusco.
DAY 08.- CUSCO - LIMA
At the appropriate time, pick-up from the hotel and transfer to the airport to take your flight back to Lima.
End of the services.
- Transfers airport - hotel airport.
- Excursion: City Tour (transport, tour guide and tickets).
- Excursion: sacred valley (transport, tour guide and entrances).
- Excursion: Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu.
- Private transfer to Mollepata and Marqocasa, starting point of the camianta.
- Professional tour guide in English and Spanish.
- Entrance to Salkantay and citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Horses to carry all the equipment, tents, food, kitchen equipment, restaurants and tents, passenger luggage (8 kilos maximum).
- Food 4 breakfasts, 4 appetizers, 4 lunches and 4 dinners.
- Boiled water after breakfast, to refill your water bottles (one liter per person).
- Lunch with hot drinks such as tea and coffee coke. Appetizers every morning or snacks.
- Oxygen and first aid kit.
- Vegetarian and special diets on request.
- All the equipment, including tents for the staff.
- Return train to Ollantaytambo and then by car to Cusco.
- Hotel 01 night in Aguas Calientes.
- Hotel 03 nights in Cusco.
- Food lunches and dinners (except those of the salkantay trek).
- Optional buffet lunch Sacred Valley $ 20.00 USD (at the request of the client).
- Optional buffet lunch in the town of Aguas Calientes $ 27.00 USD (at the request of the client).
- Sleeping bag can be rented at our office for the 4 day walk.
- Air flights Lima - Cusco - Lima (optional extra cost of $ 230.00 USD).
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain ($ 35 USD optional).
- Entrance to the thermal baths (S / .10 soles optional
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- Carry a sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Carry trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Carry coats: layers of varying temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves: woolen socks / woolen hat for cold nights, shirts for the whole trek
- Carry a headlamp (very important).
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Carry rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a plastic rain poncho.
- Carry toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- bring wimming suit for the hot springs.
- Carry a water bottle
Option N° 01
(HOTELS 3***)Hotel options to choose
Option N° 02
(HOTELS 4****)Hotel options to choose
Packing list for Machu Picchu.
- Valid, STUDENT CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage or water canteen: Water reservoir like Camelbaks are encouraged - but enough for at least 1-2 liters.
- Comfortable shoes (lightweight with good soles), "goretex waterproof for rainy seasons".
IN YOUR LUGGAGE:
In the train there is a limit of 7 to 8 kilograms as maximum, we recommend to bring only important things.
- 2-3 long sleeve shirts
- 2 pants
- 3 sets of undergarments.
- 3 sets of socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Rain jacket and pants "only for rain seasons"
- 1 sun hat
- Sandals "In case you want to visit the hot spring in Machu Picchu town"
- Small Quick Dry towel.
- Batteries Charger for your phone and cameras.
- Face moisturizer
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACK FOR VISIT OF MACHU PICCHU:
Daypacks can be any size, but we always recommend the smallest ones, Because Inside Machu Picchu, no bag larger than 25L will be allowed in. If larger, you will need to store outside citadel gates.
- Water canteen:
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Camera or Phone Camera
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips