Tour Machu Picchu 01 Day - With Train from Ollanta Cod: 346
The whole year
05:30 A.M. to 08:00 P.M.
Small groups between 4 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- 5:30 AM Pick up from the hotel in Cusco and transfer to the train station in ollantaytmabo (car trip of 1 hour and 30 minutes).
- We board the train and headed to the city of Aguas Calientes (2 hour train ride).
- AM we board the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (30 minutes by bus).
- Once we arrive at Machu Picchu, we have a guided tour of 2 hours to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu.
- After the tour we will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own, optionally you can walk through the door of the sun or the Inka bridge.
- At the appropriate time, we will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes.
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes (not included).
- PM We board the train to return to ollantaytmabo and then take the transport to Cusco.
- The arrival time in Cusco will be approximately at 8:00 PM.
- Transfer to the hotel.
CUSCO - OLLANTA - MACHU PICCHU TOUR - OLLANTA - CUSCO
5:30 AM we will pick up you from your hotel located in Cusco, we will take you to the train station located in the town of Ollantaytambo (1 hour 30 minutes away by car) where we board our train and then make the trip with destiny the town of "Aguas Calientes" (2000 m), which has a duration of 2 hours.
Arriving at the train station, our guide will be waiting with a sign with your names, you will go to the bus station with him, to ascend 400m in height by bus, a zigzag path for 30 minutes to reach the incredible wonder of the world of "Machu Picchu Sanctuary", known as "The Lost City of the Incas".
When you reach the citadel of Machu Picchu we pass the control where you deliver your ticket income, from this place the guided tour will start, visit the main venues of the city such as the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock , the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours.
At the end of the tour, you will be given free time to stroll around the citadel and visit Machu Picchu on your own,optional you can hike to the sun gate or inka bridge, then we return to Aguas Calientes and take their food in one of the many restaurants (the lunch is not included).
In the afternoon we will take the train back to Cusco (you have to be at the station 30 minutes before the departure time of the train), the return will follow the same route as the outward journey, upon arrival at the train station in Ollantaytambo , we will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco (1 hour trip by car and 30 minutes).
The arriving time to Cusco will be at 8:00 PM aproximately.
End of services.
- Pick-up from the hotel in Cusco.
- Transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo (train station) and Cusco.
- Train tickets from Ollantaytambo to "Aguas Calientes" and Ollantaytambo.
- Bus up and down to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Transfer to the hotel in Cusco
- Food Lunch.
- Optional lunch buffet in the village of Machu Picchu $ 27.00 USD (upon customer request).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- Wear sneakers or light tennis shoes.
- canteen water Bottle
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Bring a raincoat (long poncho) during the rainy season.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts
- Wear long pants.
- Bring insect repellent
- Bring sunscreen and brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Bring binoculars.
- Bring sunglasses, plastic bags.
- Bring medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses).
- Bring a backpack or lightweight suitcase.
- Bring a camera or camcorder.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins in soles or dollars.
(EXPEDITION OR INKA RAIL TRAIN)
(VISTADOME FIRST CLASS TRAIN)
- Valid, STUDENT CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage or water canteen: Water reservoir like Camelbaks are encouraged - but enough for at least 1-2 liters.
- Comfortable shoes (lightweight with good soles), "goretex waterproof for rainy seasons".
FOR YOUR LUGGAGE:
In the train there is a limit of 7 to 8 kilograms as maximum, we recommend to bring only important things.
- 2-3 wicking t-shirts
- 2 pants
- 3 sets of undergarments.
- 3 sets of socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Rain jacket and pants "only for rain seasons"
- 1 sun hat
- Sandals "In case you want to visit the hot spring in Machu Picchu town"
- Small Quick Dry towel.
- Batteries Charger for your phone and cameras.
- Face moisturizer
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACK FOR THE VISIT OF MACHU PICCHU:
Daypacks can be any size, but we always recommend the smallest ones, Because Inside Machu Picchu, no bag larger than 25L will be allowed in. If larger, you will need to store outside citadel gates.
- Water canteen:
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Camera or Phone Camera
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips