Tour Sacred Valley and Inca Trail 3D/2N Cod: 409
From March to January
3 days / 2 nights
02 people as minimum and 07 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- DAY 1: CUSCO - SACRED VALLEY TOUR - OLLANTAYTAMBO.
- DAY 2: OLLANTAYTAMBO - KM 104 - INCA TRAIL - WIÑAYWAYNA - AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN.
- DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHUPICCHU TOUR - CUSCO.
DAY 1: CUSCO - SACRED VALLEY TOUR - OLLANTAYTAMBO.
The tour starts at 8:00 AM We pick you up from your hotel in Cusco, then we will make the trip to the "Sacred Valley of the Incas" we will visit the typical market of Pisaq where you can see the famous Craft market and also visit the archaeological group of Pisac, where you can see picturesque terraces cultivated in the mountains, then we will go to the town of Urubamba to have lunch (optional $ 20 USD per person), then visit the Ollantaytambo fortress, agricultural terraces, water temple and its artisan market, finally we leave you at the hotel in this town so you can rest, the tour of the sacred valley ends approximately 4:30 PM, so in the afternoon you will have free time and explore this small town on your own.
Night of hotel in Ollantaytambo.
DAY 2: OLLANTAYTAMBO - KM 104 - INCA TRAIL - WIÑAYWAYNA - AGUAS CALIENTES TOWN.
7:20 AM we will board the train in Ollantaytambo that will take you to the km. 104, the trip is about 1 hour. It is here at Km 104 (2,200 m / 7,217 ft) where we will start the hike, we cross the bridge that is on the Urubamba or Willkamayu River which translated from Quechua means Sacred River, which was very important on Inkas time. When you arrive at the control point you have to show the identification documents, either Passport or any Registration Card or National Identity Document. 15 minutes walk is the archeological center of Chachabamba then hidden in the semi-tropical forest, after your visit we will begin the walk through tiers upwards until we reach the next place on the way we will observe the sacred valley , water cascades and different types of semi-tropical forest orchids, after 3 hours of walking we will arrive at Wiñaywayna (2,650 m / 8,694 ft) it shows a perfect example of what agriculture was in the time of the Incas, since a Along its skirts lie a large number of circular terraces, where the Incas cultivated different agricultural products. The name Wiñaywayna comes from a beautiful orchid that abounds in the area and that has as meaning in Spanish "Forever young" and has more than 20 buildings, one of them the Temple of the Rainbow also called Temple of Fertility, the visit will be 1 hour on average, then you will enjoy the box lunch to replace energy and continue until you reach the Wiñaywayna control.
On the second part of the route we will walk for 2 hours through an Andean path, stone stairs and tambos ("resting places") until we reach the Inti Punku -Sun Gate (2,720 m / 8,923 ft) that during the Incas functioned as control of entry to the Citadel of Machu Picchu; From here you have an impressive panoramic view of Machu Picchu and the entire surrounding valley, then descend for approximately 45 minutes to the wonder of Machu Picchu (2,490 m / 8,169 ft) and finally take the bus to Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Town (2,160 m / 7,086 ft) the bus drive it`s 25 minutes, here we will spend the night in a very comfortable hotel. If you are not very tired, you have the option of visiting the thermal baths that is 10 minutes from the town, it cost 10 soles. For those who like to dance or have a drink in a bar, we inform you that Aguas Calientes has a wide variety of bars and restaurants, including an ATM, in case you need to withdraw money from the ATM. Here we will also have a delicious a la carte dinner in a very cozy restaurant in this town.
Hotel night in the towns of Aguas Calientes.
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHUPICCHU TOUR - CUSCO.
This day again we visit Machu picchu, after breakfast your guide will meet you by you hotel lobby and you go to the bus stop to board the bus, we will drive for about 30 minutes to reach the citadel of Machu Picchu we pass the control where you show your ticket and passport, you will have a private, guided tour, to visit the most important places in Machu Picchu such as the Main Plaza, the Sun Temple, the Sacred Sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours, After the visit, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional, climb the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this costs an additional $ 35 USD per person). You can also hike to the Sun Gate or the Inka Bridge, for these 02 places there are no additional payments.
At the appropriate time, we will take the bus and descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes usual train departure to Ollantaytambo is in the afternoon, followed by car two hours drive to your hotel in Cusco.
Hotel night in Cusco.
- Pick up from the hotel in Cusco.
- Tour Sacred Valley (transport, tour guide tickets and lunch buffet).
- 1 Night of Hotel in Ollantaytambo 3 ***
- Transfers from the hotel to the train station.
- Train ticket from Ollanta to Km. 104.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English-Spanish).
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu.
- Food (1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner).
- Bus ticket Machupicchu - Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- 1 Night of Hotel in Aguas Calientes 3 ***
- First aid kit, oxygen ball.
- Return train ticket Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel.
- Lunch on the last day: after the guided tour to Machu Picchu.
- Visit to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes town (optional).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- Student card with current date.
- Bring hiking boots and sandals (very important).
- Bring trekking poles (can be rented at the agency).
- Bring a headlamp.(Very important)
- Carry a camera and extra batteries.
- Carry sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Carry personal medical kit.
- Carry insect repellent.
- Carry a rain gear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a rain poncho plastic.
- Carry toilet paper.
- Carry a small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and gratuities, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Carry a swimsuit for the hot springs (optional).
(Groups of 4 - 7 maximum)
"BASED ON DOUBLE ROOM"
HOTELS CATEGORy 3***
(Minimum 2 people)
"BASED ON DOUBLE ROOM"
HOTELS CATEGORy 3***
- Valid, STUDENT CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage or water canteen: Water reservoir like Camelbaks are encouraged - but enough for at least 1-2 liters.
- Comfortable shoes (lightweight with good soles), "goretex waterproof for rainy seasons".
IN YOUR LUGGAGE:
In the train there is a limit of 7 to 8 kilograms as maximum, we recommend to bring only important things.
- 2-3 long sleeve shirts
- 2 pants
- 3 sets of undergarments.
- 3 sets of socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Rain jacket and pants "only for rain seasons"
- 1 sun hat
- Sandals "In case you want to visit the hot spring in Machu Picchu town"
- Small Quick Dry towel.
- Batteries Charger for your phone and cameras.
- Face moisturizer
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACK FOR VISIT OF MACHU PICCHU:
Daypacks can be any size, but we always recommend the medium ones, Because Inside Machu Picchu, no bag larger than 25L will be allowed in. If larger, you will need to store outside citadel gates.
- Water canteen:
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Camera or Phone Camera
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips