Tour to Machu Picchu 1 Day - With Train From Cusco Cod: 440
May to December
6:00 AM a 9:00 PM
Small groups between 4 to 8 people as maximum (customized service)
Places to visit:
- 6:00 AM I pick up from the hotel and transfer to the train station in Poroy (30 minute car trip).
- AM we board the train to go to the town of Aguas Calientes (train trip of 3 hours and 30 minutes).
- AM we take the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (30 minute bus ride).
- Once arrived in Machu Picchu we will have a guided visit in the citadel of 2 hours, to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu.
- After the tour we will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on our own.
- At an opportune hour we will take the bus back to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- Lunch in hot waters (not included in the tour).
- PM we board the train to return to Poroy and from there by car to Cusco.
- Arrival time to Cusco will be around 9:00 PM.
- Transfer to the hotel.
TOUR TO MACHU PICCHU 01 DAY (CUSCO - POROY - MACHU PICCHU TOUR - POROY - CUSCO)
6:00 AM we will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco, we will take you to the train station located in the town of Poroy (30 minutes by car) where we will board our train to then make our trip to the town of "Aguas Calientes "(2000 masl) which lasts 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Upon arrival at the train station, our guide will be waiting for you with a sign and their names, with him he will go to the bus station, to ascend 400 m high, by a zigzag path, for 30 minutes until you reach the incredible wonder world "The Sanctuary of Machu Picchu", known as "The Lost City of the Incas".
When we arrive at the citadel of Machu Picchu we will go through the control where you will give your entrance ticket, from this place the guided excursion will begin, you will visit the main enclosures of the city such as: the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock , the Royal Rooms, the Temple of the Three Windows and the cemeteries, the guided tour will be for more than two hours.
At the end you will be given free time to take a walk around the citadel and visit Machu Picchu on your own, then return to the town of Aguas Calientes and take your food in one of the various restaurants.
In the afternoon you will take the train back to Cusco (you must arrive at the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train), the return will follow the same journey as the outward journey, when you arrive at the train station in Poroy , we will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel in Cusco (30 minute car trip).
We will be arriving in the city of Cusco 9:00 PM approximately.
End of services.
- Pick up from the hotel in Cusco.
- Transportation hotel - Poroy (train station) - hotel.
- Train tickets poroy - aguas calientes - poroy
- Bus up and down to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Professional English guide in Machu Picchu.
- Transfer to the hotel in Cusco.
- Optional buffet lunch Machu Picchu village $ 27.00 USD (at the request of the client).
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- Wear shoes or light shoes or tennis shoes.
- Bottle of water "canteen"
- Drink plenty of fluids on your excursions.
- Waterproof (long poncho) in rainy season.
- Long sleeve shirts.
- Long pants.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, wide-brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Binoculars (optional).
- Sun glasses, plastic bags.
- Medicine and / or articles for personal use (liquid for contact lenses).
- A light backpack or briefcase.
- Camera or video camera.
- Have checks and coins on hand in small denominations soles or dollars.
"EXPEDITION or INKA RAIL TRAIN"
"VISTADOME FIRST CLASS TRAIN"
"LUXURY HIRAM BINGHAM TRAIN"
- Valid, STUDENT CARD (if you booked as a student)
- Immigration Card (given on the plane as you enter Peru)
- Good daypack (the smaller, the better)
- Water storage or water canteen: Water reservoir like Camelbaks are encouraged - but enough for at least 1-2 liters.
- Comfortable shoes (lightweight with good soles), "goretex waterproof for rainy seasons".
FOR YOUR LUGGAGE:
In the train there is a limit of 7 to 8 kilograms as maximum, we recommend to bring only important things.
- 2-3 wicking t-shirts
- 2 pants
- 3 sets of undergarments.
- 3 sets of socks
- 1 Fleece
- 1 Rain jacket and pants "only for rain seasons"
- 1 sun hat
- Sandals "In case you want to visit the hot spring in Machu Picchu town"
- Small Quick Dry towel.
- Batteries Charger for your phone and cameras.
- Face moisturizer
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: band aids, moleskin, etc.
INSIDE YOUR DAYPACK FOR THE VISIT OF MACHU PICCHU:
Daypacks can be any size, but we always recommend the smallest ones, Because Inside Machu Picchu, no bag larger than 25L will be allowed in. If larger, you will need to store outside citadel gates.
- Water canteen:
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Camera or Phone Camera
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper and small plastic bag for waste
- Extra Money for Souvenirs, Drinks & Tips