Tour Uros Floating Island 1/2 Day Cod: 448
The whole year
Small groups between 4 to 8 people as maximum
Places to visit:
The Uros floating islands are located in the bay of Puno, 10 km from the port of Puno (20 to 30 minutes of navigation). You will have an unforgettable experience knowing more about the life and history of this fascinating culture, This tour lasts 3 hours.
This Culture was one of the oldest ethnic groups that inhabited the plateau, dedicating themselves to fishing and bird hunting depending entirely on the Totora reed (Aquatic Plant Lake), plant with which they build their islands, houses, rafts and also them It serves as food and fuel.
The floating islands are built of huge blocks of Totora roots, the reason why that can float is due to the porosity of the blocks helped by gases produced by decomposition. Then these blocks are joined and anchored with eucalyptus sticks, the inhabitants placed a new layer of reeds every 20 days.
ITINERARY (MORNING) APPROX TIME
Pick up from your hotel in Puno 8:45 AM
Departure by boat from the main port 9:15 AM
Visit 2 Floating Islands 10:00 AM
Return to the hotels in downtown Puno 12:30 PM
ITINERARY (NOON) APPROX TIME
Pick up from your hotel in Puno 11:50 AM
Departure by boat from the main port 12:15 PM
Visit 2 Floating Islands 12:45 PM
Return to the hotels in downtown Puno 03:15 PM
ITINERARY (AFTERNOON) APPROX TIME
Pick up from the center of Puno hotels 3:50 PM
Departure by boat from the main port 4:15 PM
Visit 2 Floating Islands 5:00 PM
Return to the hotels in downtown Puno 6:00 PM
- Transfer hotel - port - hotel.
- Motor Boat (with toilet and bus seats).
- Professional Spanish/English speaking guide.
- Entrance fee
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport "With expiration date not less than 7 months"
- Use sneakers or light/tennis shoes.
- Bottle of water "canteen"
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Raincoat (long poncho) in the rainy season.
- Long-sleeved shirts.
- Long pants.
- Sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Sunglasses, plastic bags.
- Medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses).
- A light backpack
- Camera or camcorder and films.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins in soles or dollars.
(Between 5 to 8 people as maximum)
(Between 12 to 15 as maximum)
(Between 2 to 4 people as maximum)